Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #151
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
So to sum things up, we're back to square 1: K-r & K-5 replacements this year, full-frame next year?
well I'm sold

04-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #152
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll give you one thing Adam it completely stopped all activity in the several other FF posts
04-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #153
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I cant afford a FF right now anyway.... baby on the way, but at least i get a captive photography subject!
04-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #154
Ash
Community Manager

Well in that regard Adam, this thread can come out of the Pentax News forum. Yep, I too was fooled with wishful thinking when first reading it, but agree that it's inappropriate to call news...

04-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #155
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm one of those that want this so bad that I was hoping .... now I think I'll just watch the woman's NCAA semi's and forget about this. Maybe tomorrow I'll laugh, maybe.
04-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #156

that was not a fun trip from over joy to tears of sadness once i realized it was fake and then finally embarrassment for not checking the date sooner..
04-01-2012, 01:33 PM - 1 Like   #157
Ash
Community Manager

April Fools doesn't make this 'announcement' news nor a rumour. Certainly shouldn't be posted as a front page news article and feature on the pop up news headline on each forum page...
04-01-2012, 01:37 PM - 2 Likes   #158
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The joke should have been obvious, and was somewhat funny; but not nearly as funny as seeing some people getting their knickers in a serious twist over a simple April Fools Day joke.

04-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #159
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

between this and the unilateral pricing, I not feeling to well...
04-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #160
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
The joke should have been obvious, and was somewhat funny; but not nearly as funny as seeing some people getting their knickers in a serious twist over a simple April Fools Day joke.
Exactly Jim

that being said maybe tomorrow the thread should move to general talk so all the Google web results don't hit it at the top. Personally I found it pretty funny but gotta say when i first opened the email on my phone i though WOW, by the time i was at a computer i remembered it was April first LOL
04-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #161
AoCo
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
a 30mp aspc? 30 is loads! who needs 30mp? especially on apsc.

Do they even make those?
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
So to sum things up, we're back to square 1: K-r & K-5 replacements this year, full-frame next year?
That's why I said I can't feature that. Hell its all a game anyway. I'm just some dude in St. Louis. I don't know anything. Maybe its 24Mp with 1080p 30Mp video. Who knows?

Adam's right - we don't know anything. Rational thinking suggests something in the news every 6-8 weeks - 4-5 dSLR bodies, plus Hybrids
  1. K-5 stays in production at $1099 price point
  2. Late April/May announce some kind of K-r replacement (K-01 with K-r type body and something else better)
  3. Summer announce K5n on the shelves late summer [EDIT: articulating LCD]
  4. Photokina
    1. [EDIT:] K3 - 24Mp APSc sensor (or something) release for Holiday shopping
    2. Lenses - DA, XS (fun stuff)
    3. FF LX-D announcement and (non-working) prototype
    4. Announce long-term pro strategy (service and support)
    5. hints about 645Dll
    6. Private negotiations with major dealers; perhaps a broker distribution network

Last edited by monochrome; 04-01-2012 at 02:22 PM.
04-01-2012, 01:49 PM - 2 Likes   #162
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I find there aren't as many people with a sense of humor as I once thought.....everyone seems to be so deadly serious. Why, I can't understand.....once you determine that you are going to die, no way around it, why not have a little fun before it is too late? Some things are serious....the vast majority of things are only serious if you want to see them that way, but in reality matter little, if at all. This is just my view....and yes, I talk with Squirrels......damn good conversationalists too, better than a hell of a lot of people I know.

Regards!
04-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #163
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
That's why I said I can't feature that Hell its all a game anyway. I'm just some dude in St. Louis. I don't know anything. Maybe its 24Mp with 1080p 30Mp video. Who knows?

Adam's right - we don't know anything. Rational thinking suggests something in the news every 6-8 weeks -
  1. K-5 stays in production at $1099 price point
  2. Late April/May announce some kind of K-r replacement (K-01 with K-r type body and something else better)
  3. Summer announce K5n on the shelves late summer
  4. Photokina
    1. Lenses - DA, XS (fun stuff)
    2. FF LX-D announcement and (non-working) prototype
    3. Announce long-term pro strategy (service and support)
    4. hints about 645Dll
    5. Private negotiations with major dealers; perhaps a broker distribution network
Good list I would add the K3(or whatever) with the 24mp Sony apsc sensor to your list. It's the one thing you can pretty much bet on as a sure thing as long as you don't bet specific features (or name) as the new enthusiast camera

the LXD i would rate at 50/50 as it being the one - it is the one I would like and the name makes huge sense this year not so much after
04-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #164
AoCo
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Good list I would add the K3(or whatever) with the 24mp Sony apsc sensor to your list. It's the one thing you can pretty much bet on as a sure thing as long as you don't bet specific features (or name) as the new enthusiast camera

the LXD i would rate at 50/50 as it being the one - it is the one I would like and the name makes huge sense this year not so much after
What's the difference between a K3 and a K5n? Or do you see a new body after K7/K5. Everything in the hints post worked except the 24 + 6 for the sensor.
04-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #165
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow !!

I've just logged in in my daily visit(s) to Pentax Forum and I am totally flabbergasted !!

Number of posts: 163
Number of comments in the announcement thread: 227.
Time since the announcement: unknow, but short.
Number of FF fans who will celebrate: unknown but very high.
Number of emergency visits to local hospitals due to syncopal syndromes: very high!!

Number of members who were fooled with April's fool: one (me) plus all of the others !

FF, not for me as my good old K5 is doing the job just fine, and I can't afford it (price?) but congratulations to all of those who really "pushed" Pentax (Ricoh) to make it happen.

JP

Last edited by jpzk; 04-01-2012 at 02:04 PM.