Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 32 Likes Search this Thread
04-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #181
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I find there aren't as many people with a sense of humor as I once thought.....everyone seems to be so deadly serious. Why, I can't understand.....once you determine that you are going to die, no way around it, why not have a little fun before it is too late? Some things are serious....the vast majority of things are only serious if you want to see them that way, but in reality matter little, if at all. This is just my view....and yes, I talk with Squirrels......damn good conversationalists too, better than a hell of a lot of people I know.

Regards!
Ah, Rupert... I think its all these forums and social networking sites, makes people feel self-important!

The weatherman says it's going to be sunny tomorrow!

04-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #182
Veteran Member

Where is the K-3 subforum?
Anybody got any pictures to show from this new marvel?
04-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #183
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Oh, for Pete's sake.

With the amount of FF ranting/arguing being done on this site in the past year, how can you not make it an April Fool's joke? It's appropriate, funny, timely. I think you are taking everything too seriously. The ability and willingness to participate in simple April fool's tomfoolery without getting bent out of shape points to a good sense of humour and a recognition that none of this is life & death - it's just cameras. C'mon.

Hit the Nail on the head here.

I would dearly love for the FF dream to have come true. I got suckered in for a few moments, tried to find the "source" realized the date then had a bit of a chuckle. My April fools joke on my partner was I spontaneously bought a K-5 with the money I had been saving for our holiday. I guess what goes around comes around..

But none the less news this big would be announced at a Big event, and to those who were unsure on the news need only look at the other "sister site" www.camera-enthusiast.com (also admin'd by adam) to see no such announcement was made there. thus the prank would have been foiled.

Anyway just relax guys, everyone is a victim of a joke at some point, and lets keep this place a happy and friendly place.
04-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #184
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chaos_Realm Quote
Anyway just relax guys, everyone is a victim of a joke at some point, and lets keep this place a happy and friendly place.
Fine and well, now Adam owes us a FF. Start pooping it buddy..

04-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #185

For all the paranoid talk about Pentax FF i see around here, this must have been the BEST prank i have seen in this forum!

some people take themselves too seriously if they do not see the comic in this. You were asking for it, gentlemen....
04-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #186
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Ah, Rupert... I think its all these forums and social networking sites, makes people feel self-important!

I guess I'm lucky....I have Mrs Rupert and a Gazillion Squirrels to remind me daily that I'm not too important at all. However, it never stops me from looking for that sunshine!
Best Regards!
04-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #187
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote

.... with periods of scattered dark tomorrow night

04-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #188
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
So to sum things up, we're back to square 1: K-r & K-5 replacements this year, full-frame next year?
No, the K-3 is a real thing. It's even popping up on different camera rumor sites as well, like the photorumors.com for example!

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I am not convinced, someone, (Adam) knows more than he leads to. Specs. who knows, but something is brewing out there.
Even if the rumored Photokina announcement was true (which I certainly do not believe), I don't think a camera forum admin could have any solid info half a year before that. He just likes to give the impression.
04-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #189
Veteran Member

Do you think he gives (A dam)?. ;-)
04-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #190
Forum Member

I read the email very early this morning and went back to bed planning my lens upgrades and planning to look for a high quality wide angle. When we got up I told my wife about it, even mentioning it was April 1 (and not clueing in). Well played Adam - I had fun while it lasted.
04-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #191
Veteran Member

I Rest My Case.

I knew it was BS the second I saw the 'news'. When was the last time Pentax announced a new product on April 1st and on a Sunday? (depending upon your time zone)

I look forward to Pentax' legal response to this 'rumor' and I wouldn't be surpised if someone gets a call from a legal rep at some stage. Now THAT would be funny.
04-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #192

QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
I enjoy a good April Fool's prank as the next guy, but honestly...

Pentax Forums has for the last several months been working to build it's "cred" among photo sites by creating extremely detailed and generally unbiased reviews of lenses and gear. People take PF pretty seriously when the site posts breaking news and leaks, evidenced by the multiple thousands of reads such threads garner. PF has been doing what many, many sites only wish they could do, and that is to become a believable resource for things about Pentax and photography in general. That credibility is GOLD on the Web, now that anyone can toss up a photo gear site or blog.

This deal with the K-3 prank sets the site back several years, in my opinion. It was a bad call in regards to credibility and respectability that will honestly hang around for a long time. Remember, now and forever when someone searches on "Pentax K-3" this dumb prank from PF will pop up. That hurts this really wonderful site and all the people who work to create the quality community here.

I have never complained about Pentax Forums and how this great site has been managed and moderated. But this is a self-administered black eye. Really bad form, guys.
I absolutely fully agree, thank's for this writing!
With my very best regards,
Markku
04-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #193

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Oh, for Pete's sake.

With the amount of FF ranting/arguing being done on this site in the past year, how can you not make it an April Fool's joke? It's appropriate, funny, timely. I think you are taking everything too seriously. The ability and willingness to participate in simple April fool's tomfoolery without getting bent out of shape points to a good sense of humour and a recognition that none of this is life & death - it's just cameras. C'mon.

Dear jsherman999, how many didn't take this joke seriously during first seconds, I actually believe that most of us took it seriusly before understanding the meaning of the date. I hope no one had to go for checking in hospital. As I have mentioned, this joke was not made with style.
04-01-2012, 10:32 PM - 1 Like   #194
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by markku55 Quote
I absolutely fully agree, thank's for this writing!
With my very best regards,
Markku
I don't agree with this at all. People who get too upset about a joke like this on April 1st should spend less time on the computer and more time out photographing - will cure excess paranoia.
04-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #195
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by markku55 Quote
Dear jsherman999, how many didn't take this joke seriously during first seconds, I actually believe that most of us took it seriusly before understanding the meaning of the date. I hope no one had to go for checking in hospital. As I have mentioned, this joke was not made with style.
The best April fool's jokes are the ones that people really WANT to believe.

Adding to the "go out and take pictures instead" list.