Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 32 Likes Search this Thread
04-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #121

well played, sir. well played.

especially with the price increases/scheme changes, so buyable!

04-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #122
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Got the email, saw the date, didn't even open it. Sad, to be so cynical about a brand you love so much.......
04-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #123

This joke had no style at all like a proper 1st April joke should have
04-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #124
Veteran Member

thanks adam - it was nice to dream for a while.....

04-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #125
klh
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here I was already trying to come up with the arguments why I would need one.

Alas.
04-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #126
Pentaxian

I thought about it for a second and thought, there's lot's good things there, but I'm not going to buy it. Unlike many on here who are so artsy that a bit of depth of field makes all the difference, my big issue remains getting enough depth of field, not getting less, so paying more for a full frame body makes no sense. I have the Tamron 90, the Fa 50 so if I ever get the 31ltd full frame might become an option as a back up body. Then of course I said to myself but it is April 1. So I can't say I'm disappointed. The only thing that tipped me off in the article was the price. WIth 12 MP D700 selling for $2300, there's no need for Pentax to bring out their FF at less than $2600. To price it lower would be throwing away money.
04-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #127
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I thought about it for a second and thought, there's lot's good things there, but I'm not going to buy it. Unlike many on here who are so artsy that a bit of depth of field makes all the difference, my big issue remains getting enough depth of field, not getting less, so paying more for a full frame body makes no sense. I have the Tamron 90, the Fa 50 so if I ever get the 31ltd full frame might become an option as a back up body. Then of course I said to myself but it is April 1. So I can't say I'm disappointed. The only thing that tipped me off in the article was the price. WIth 12 MP D700 selling for $2300, there's no need for Pentax to bring out their FF at less than $2600. To price it lower would be throwing away money.
To play along, with the Nikon D800 selling for $3000, if Pentax were to release a 24MP full frame, it had better be priced at less than $2600.

04-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #128
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Theres this valued thing called credibility...

I enjoy a good April Fool's prank as the next guy, but honestly...

Pentax Forums has for the last several months been working to build it's "cred" among photo sites by creating extremely detailed and generally unbiased reviews of lenses and gear. People take PF pretty seriously when the site posts breaking news and leaks, evidenced by the multiple thousands of reads such threads garner. PF has been doing what many, many sites only wish they could do, and that is to become a believable resource for things about Pentax and photography in general. That credibility is GOLD on the Web, now that anyone can toss up a photo gear site or blog.

This deal with the K-3 prank sets the site back several years, in my opinion. It was a bad call in regards to credibility and respectability that will honestly hang around for a long time. Remember, now and forever when someone searches on "Pentax K-3" this dumb prank from PF will pop up. That hurts this really wonderful site and all the people who work to create the quality community here.

I have never complained about Pentax Forums and how this great site has been managed and moderated. But this is a self-administered black eye. Really bad form, guys.
04-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #129
Forum Member

Well done Adam and I am glad to see that the Forum has a sense of humour.
04-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #130
Veteran Member

Blimey. Have never been so close to needing fresh laundry as when reading that email. Good one to the Jokers
04-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #131
Veteran Member

There seems a clear trifurcation of responses:

1- Love it
2- Hate it
3- Ignore it

Can we correlate these to personality types?
04-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #132
Veteran Member

Thanks for making me chuckle today...
04-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #133
Veteran Member

Come on.

QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote

Pentax Forums has for the last several months been working to build it's "cred" among photo sites by creating extremely detailed and generally unbiased reviews of lenses and gear. People take PF pretty seriously when the site posts breaking news and leaks, evidenced by the multiple thousands of reads such threads garner. PF has been doing what many, many sites only wish they could do, and that is to become a believable resource for things about Pentax and photography in general. That credibility is GOLD on the Web, now that anyone can toss up a photo gear site or blog.

This deal with the K-3 prank sets the site back several years, in my opinion. It was a bad call in regards to credibility and respectability that will honestly hang around for a long time. Remember, now and forever when someone searches on "Pentax K-3" this dumb prank from PF will pop up. That hurts this really wonderful site and all the people who work to create the quality community here.

I have never complained about Pentax Forums and how this great site has been managed and moderated. But this is a self-administered black eye. Really bad form, guys.
04-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #134
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote

...But this is a self-administered black eye. Really bad form, guys.
Given the tenor of most of the responses in this thread, apparently... you don't.

This was a great April Fool's Day prank... plausible on the surface, revelatory underneath (24MP sensor).
04-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #135
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Though the K-3 isn't here yet, one could say that this is an early preview, in a way

Have you guys seen Google Racing? This isn't an april fools joke: Google Racing

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: