Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #136

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

Have you guys seen Google Racing? This isn't an april fools joke: Google Racing
that's exactly what it is.

04-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #137

Photos: Albums
That probably meant well, but for me it may also have been the last tie holding me to believe that Pentax would ever expand into the FF market. I think I'll try Nikon for the FF camera.
04-01-2012, 11:15 AM - 1 Like   #138
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
I enjoy a good April Fool's prank as the next guy, but honestly...

Pentax Forums has for the last several months been working to build it's "cred" among photo sites by creating extremely detailed and generally unbiased reviews of lenses and gear. People take PF pretty seriously when the site posts breaking news and leaks, evidenced by the multiple thousands of reads such threads garner. PF has been doing what many, many sites only wish they could do, and that is to become a believable resource for things about Pentax and photography in general. That credibility is GOLD on the Web, now that anyone can toss up a photo gear site or blog.

This deal with the K-3 prank sets the site back several years, in my opinion. It was a bad call in regards to credibility and respectability that will honestly hang around for a long time. Remember, now and forever when someone searches on "Pentax K-3" this dumb prank from PF will pop up. That hurts this really wonderful site and all the people who work to create the quality community here.

I have never complained about Pentax Forums and how this great site has been managed and moderated. But this is a self-administered black eye. Really bad form, guys.
If this is the case, GOOGLE looses credibility every year.
04-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #139
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Though the K-3 isn't here yet, one could say that this is an early preview, in a way
The best jokes often have some truth at the core.

04-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #140
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
The best jokes often have some truth at the core.
Well said. I also ran across this:

QuoteOriginally posted by Indecent Exposure Quote
Not yet, it's an April Fools Day post. The spec's are wrong and the body is still in Beta testers hands They dont release to the press until those bodies are pulled away from the Betas one hint 24 is way off add 6 and use the last then letter then first in "and" the crop equals 14 and 7 tenths.
My lips are sealed

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #141

Completely agree with @Germar , I'm reading this forum from a long time and always I trust the infos posted here... I used the infos, I have learned a lot related to Pentax "toys", I'm a pentax fan... until now I preferred only to read. Today I have proceed to register to can post because I consider that this " announce with K-3 " deserve a lot to the spirit of this forum ....
This forum ( and of course the pentax toys) has been for me a strong motivation to become a Pentax fan an I want to continue , I don't want to sell K-5 and few Limited lenses to buy a Nikon D800... it can be happen if I lost the trust in Pentax community, wich I still consider that is wonderful represented by this forum.
All the best

Last edited by viff; 04-01-2012 at 11:34 AM.
04-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #142
Veteran Member

Have you guys seen Google Racing? This isn't an april fools joke: Google Racing
Well, in the same video clip they claim another "huge technological advance": fuel injection in 2012... If it's not an april fool's joke, then what it is?

04-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #143
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by troglodytis Quote
that's exactly what it is.
Indeed.
QuoteQuote:
Update Apr 1, 10:05 a.m.: As you probably guessed—no, Google Racing isn’t real. We were really happy to work with NASCAR on this April Fools' joke.
04-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #144
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
Well, in the same video clip they claim another "huge technological advance": fuel injection in 2012... If it's not an april fool's joke, then what it is?
That one is actually true, but not recent news.
04-01-2012, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #145
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
There seems a clear trifurcation of responses:

1- Love it
2- Hate it
3- Ignore it

Can we correlate these to personality types?
yep
1- sense of humour
2-no sense of humour
3-realists

EDIT I'll add 2 in many cases seems to equal first time poster
04-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #146
Forum Member

My lips are sealed
30MP FF sensor?
04-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #147
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Thingo Quote
Maybe a reference to the *istD. The *istD has the icon in the same relative position, and the manual white balance setting button close-by on the lens barrel.

Anyway, we already have a larger than "full frame" camera in the stable: the 645D. Maybe we should refer to 36x24mm as "tiny format" -- relative to 8x10 inches, or the quarter area 5x4 inches.
Ah, I see. My DS didn't have that. Neither did my K20D or my K5. To expand on the reference, perhaps it's a way of saying that the istD should have been FF?

EDIT: Considering the general reaction, it probably would have been a bigger joke and a bigger splash if this really was a Pentax FF announcement done on April fools to get just this reaction...

Last edited by HawaiianOnline; 04-01-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Added content
04-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #148
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My lips are sealed
Things that make me go Hhmmm:

Member since 2008. 72 Posts. 0 pictures. Always right.

Searching for my Super Secret Decoder Ring now . . . .

{Answer}

a n d
D = letter number 4
A = letter number 1
4 + 1=5

last then letter then first in "and" = n

crop factor is 14 and 7 tenths
Pentax APSc crop factor is not precisely 1.5x. It is precisely 1.47x

therefore

Next new body is APSc = K5n

Sensor is 24 + 6 = 30Mp?? Can't feature that part in APSc.

[EDIT: current sensor with 1080p 30Mb/sec. h.264 like K-01, probably add full HDMI out monitored and audio monitoring]

Last edited by monochrome; 04-01-2012 at 02:27 PM.
04-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #149
Inactive Account

a 30mp aspc? 30 is loads! who needs 30mp? especially on apsc.

Do they even make those?
04-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #150
Administrator
Site Webmaster

So to sum things up, we're back to square 1: K-r & K-5 replacements this year, full-frame next year?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: