Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 32 Likes Search this Thread
04-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #166
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I find there aren't as many people with a sense of humor as I once thought.....everyone seems to be so deadly serious. Why, I can't understand.....once you determine that you are going to die, no way around it, why not have a little fun before it is too late? Some things are serious....the vast majority of things are only serious if you want to see them that way, but in reality matter little, if at all. This is just my view....and yes, I talk with Squirrels......damn good conversationalists too, better than a hell of a lot of people I know.

Regards!
+1 to what he said.

04-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #167
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
What's the difference between a K3 and a K5n? Or do you see a new body after K7/K5. Everything in the hints post worked except the 24 + 6 for the sensor.
i think the rumour of a k5n with swivel screen keeps it with the same sensor, the k3 being the new higher model. ti's how you get a broad enough line (at least 3 apsc plus the rumoured ff for a 4 camera line)

Like yo though I will just remain optimistic until Photokina

One way or the other at this point this year I'm in no rush to buy a new body, and if i spend anywhere it will be lenses (though right now I have my eye on a TLR film camera)
04-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #168
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
k5n with swivel screen keeps it with the same sensor, the k3 being the new higher model
Got it - and I think that's right.

And I still say Ricoh has a plan and we will be happy. We just can't see all the elements of the plan right now.

Not that I'm an old master, but on some of these comments I want to reply, "Patience, Grasshopper."
04-01-2012, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #169
Banned

I am a big practical joker and love a laugh but I think that you have underestimated just how desperate some of your followers are for a pro camera. I am one of them and have endured years of pain waiting for a solution from Pentax. We have spent countless hours calculating the cost of changing brands and what we would need to replace at what cost, what we would lose in the process. We have checked the news every hour of every day months before photographic shows in the hope that our misery will end with an announcement. I can not speak for all of us but certainly for myself and many on this forum, the subject is an open wound you have been cruel enough to poke around in! I was angry and bitterly disappointed when I realized it was a "JOKE"!

04-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #170

Even if you open this 3d on mid september it would be considered as joke
04-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #171
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Exactly Jim

that being said maybe tomorrow the thread should move to general talk so all the Google web results don't hit it at the top. Personally I found it pretty funny but gotta say when i first opened the email on my phone i though WOW, by the time i was at a computer i remembered it was April first LOL
Yeah, I'll move it in in the morning. On second thought, this is an international forum and it'll be April second GMT in about 2 hours. That seems like a good time to move it.
04-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #172

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yeah, I'll move it in in the morning. On second thought, this is an international forum and it'll be April second GMT in about 2 hours. That seems like a good time to move it.
terrorist!

04-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #173
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Neel1 Quote
Why K-3??? They've just released the K-0...And it's been out in March...How come they jumped to K-3 so fast? I think it's an April Fool...And I've been caught myself since I shared it on my facebook profile already!
HAHA! Same. As soon as I got the April 1st. connection, I took it down pretty sharpish, though!

These rumour-sowers really shouldn't be getting people hopes up, though.
04-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #174
Veteran Member

I can't see a 30mp APS-C camera coming at all as the noise would be so bad it'd be almost unusable at that resolution IMO. A K-3 would have to be a APS-C camera as it is in the same naming convention as K-7 & K5 etc.. but a FF could be a two camera system comprised of an MXD, & LXD for starters.I'd like to see the sensors of any FF match the APSC sensor res too. MXD could be a 16,18 to match K-5 and LXD could be 24/30mp sensor. I doubt I'll be hanging around for a year though as I'm one of those 'artsy' guys wanting DOF at a smaller F-stop and on lenses that aren't being stretched to the limit.
04-01-2012, 03:46 PM - 2 Likes   #175
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
I enjoy a good April Fool's prank as the next guy, but honestly...

Pentax Forums has for the last several months been working to build it's "cred" among photo sites by creating extremely detailed and generally unbiased reviews of lenses and gear. People take PF pretty seriously when the site posts breaking news and leaks, evidenced by the multiple thousands of reads such threads garner. PF has been doing what many, many sites only wish they could do, and that is to become a believable resource for things about Pentax and photography in general. That credibility is GOLD on the Web, now that anyone can toss up a photo gear site or blog.

This deal with the K-3 prank sets the site back several years, in my opinion. It was a bad call in regards to credibility and respectability that will honestly hang around for a long time. Remember, now and forever when someone searches on "Pentax K-3" this dumb prank from PF will pop up. That hurts this really wonderful site and all the people who work to create the quality community here.

I have never complained about Pentax Forums and how this great site has been managed and moderated. But this is a self-administered black eye. Really bad form, guys.

Oh, for Pete's sake.

With the amount of FF ranting/arguing being done on this site in the past year, how can you not make it an April Fool's joke? It's appropriate, funny, timely. I think you are taking everything too seriously. The ability and willingness to participate in simple April fool's tomfoolery without getting bent out of shape points to a good sense of humour and a recognition that none of this is life & death - it's just cameras. C'mon.

04-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #176
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I don't understand the big deal about a full frame Pentax as I have a few already and they all seem to last a good while . . .

04-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #177
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, do I order the FA 31 ltd. now or wait. Purchase of it would bite into my FF fund.
Damn the decisions .

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 04-01-2012 at 04:18 PM.
04-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #178
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Get the 31 while you can. Time and Price speculation never comes to a good end.
04-01-2012, 04:23 PM - 1 Like   #179
Inactive Account

This was the first thing I came across this morning, and just for a few fleeting moments my heart beat like a drum and I got all light headed. And then I realized that's just a K-5 silver edition, this is April Fools Day, and this is just a cruel, cruel joke.....
04-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #180
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ENicolas Quote
this is April Fools Day, and this is just a cruel, cruel joke.....
I am not convinced, someone, (Adam) knows more than he leads to. Specs. who knows, but something is brewing out there.