Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
04-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #46
Pentaxian

It doesn't break credibility BECAUSE IT WAS APRIL FOOLS DAY!

Duh!

04-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, but then I told it was for a lot of members and visitors out there.
04-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by richard balonglong Quote
I was frustrated but then just laughed it out when I realized that this "FF K-3 announcement" was an April Fools joke.
Yeah, it's funny, ... Many Pentaxians are dreaming for a FF, and I for one too, and that prank here in this forums is frustrating.
Agree, that felt like a hard blow to our feelings. I even stop a friend from joining Nikon. He has been talking about switiching to Nikon for a while, but when I told him the good news about the K3, he was so happy that he only had praise for RICOH. He blamed Pentax and Hoya for not doing the FF, but then Ricoh became the new GOD for him. Two hours later, after he was looking for a place to place an order, he came back to me with the bad news: April 1 joke. YOU GOT ME, but I am hurt. I guess that is the good thing about that.!!! :ugh:
04-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #49
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm really of 2 minds on this one. I don't take life too seriously and love to make light of it, if only to keep my sanity. I'm kinda ashamed that I didn't see the joke immediately, but didn't think too much more about it until bedtime, when I induced sleep by scanning the headlines on Flipboard. Several were rather interesting, but having fell asleep rather quickly, it only occurred to me in the morning that some (if not all) of those news items were perhaps Fools Day Gold. I guess the fact that life is a bit overwhelming lately, which leaves me little time for world news, made me unprepared to separate the witty wheat from the chaff. But it all got me thinking about whether there should be a world-wide BAN on legitimate news on April first, or would that just give some creepy terrorist organization a reason to act on that day?

The weird part of it is that the Mods here normally do NOT write with tongue in cheek, so it was a shocker in that sense. Plus, it was done so damn well. I think part of the problem, if there was one, was that it lacked ANY clues that this was an April's Fools joke. You see, any joke needs a punchline, especially when it's done online where clues such as pace, facial expression, visuals or stupid background music are lacking. I, for one, didn't see a punchline.

All that said, I'm more embarrassed than upset.

04-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hope RICOH is reading this thread and come up with the FF quickly.
04-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Nothing is ever credible on 1 April. Be glad you're not in ancient Rome. A standard April Fool's trick was to slip a dead fish into your pocket.
Is that the source of sticking the paper fish on the back of your suit coat that you don't notice until your first trip to the restroom because your employer frowns on men removing their suit coats in the office?

I've always wondered.
04-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Is that the source of sticking the paper fish on the back of your suit coat that you don't notice until your first trip to the restroom because your employer frowns on men removing their suit coats in the office?
Or maybe sticking a KICK ME sign on Darth Vader's cape.