Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2012, 04:30 AM - 1 Like   #1

re K3 announcement

On the 'K3' announcement

Really thought this was serious (something worth changing systems for)..then..

Pentax has enough of a problem being taken seriously.

It's not funny. Reinforces perception that the Pentax brand is not for professionals.

Pathetic

Last edited by sdgreen; 04-01-2012 at 04:35 AM. Reason: extra info
04-01-2012, 05:44 AM - 1 Like   #2
Forum Member

It is funny. I'm sorry, but I think that one has to be a real nerd to take jokes like that too seriously.
04-01-2012, 06:20 AM - 1 Like   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Jeeez guys lighten up. It's April Fools Day. There is no better way to prank this list than to announce a FF DSLR.
04-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sdgreen Quote
On the 'K3' announcement

Really thought this was serious (something worth changing systems for)..then..

Pentax has enough of a problem being taken seriously.

It's not funny. Reinforces perception that the Pentax brand is not for professionals.

Pathetic

......+1

04-01-2012, 06:51 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Mrimmer Quote
The forum moderators, I'm afraid have severely undermined their credibility. I for one, read this forum for its timely as well as honest presentation of the facts. This trust is something that one does not acquire immediately but rather is earned over time.

To betray that trust by false reporting is inexcusable. You may s****** and clam that I, the reader, should have a sence of humour, but unfortunately it is your credibility that you have seriously jeapordized. what a shame!

Trusted advisors simply should not play pranks on their readers regardless of the circumstances.
Ah give over. You can't seriously expect me to believe that anyone with two brain cells to rub together swallowed this for more than 0.01 seconds, can you?
04-01-2012, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

I though it was funny, and well done. It tricked me for about 0.01 seconds .
04-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by calicojack Quote
Jeeez guys lighten up. It's April Fools Day. There is no better way to prank this list than to announce a FF DSLR.
... +1

04-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Well, now we know who the potential bridge buyers are.
04-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Seriously? To all those who were offended and/or felt this was as inappropriate joke, lighten up!
04-01-2012, 08:20 AM - 1 Like   #10
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
The forum moderators, I'm afraid have severely undermined their credibility. I for one, read this forum for its timely as well as honest presentation of the facts. This trust is something that one does not acquire immediately but rather is earned over time.

To betray that trust by false reporting is inexcusable....................

By this time i was LOL ROFL LMAO

its a great joke and reactions like this are just the iceing on the cake !!

WHAHAHAHA.....
04-01-2012, 08:21 AM - 1 Like   #11

Hi
I swallowed it for fully 3 minutes. Thought brilliant, at last, new camera now due. Yes been waiting years so Autumn would be brilliant, even Christmas, these schedules slip. How will the dollars convert to Stirling?.
Read the posts ....... Oh dear.
Course its near to our hearts. That's what makes it a brilliant April Fools. Well done. Totally suckered.
Some folks on here seem to be taking it all very seriously, is that really how they see life. Each to their own.
Well done, brilliant April Fools. Thanks for the laugh.
04-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #12

Wow. April mop. I like it.
What's next?
D-FA 50mm f/1.2?
Maybe a K1000D?
Spotmatic D?
04-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #13

Original Poster

To betray that trust by false reporting is inexcusable. You may s****** and clam that I, the reader, should have a sence of humour, but unfortunately it is your credibility that you have seriously jeapordized. what a shame!

Trusted advisors simply should not play pranks on their readers regardless of the circumstances.
Thanks , glad someones with me! I didn't see the funny side - was disappointed in the Pentax forum & that this camera didn't actually exist
04-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #14
Veteran Member

First post and you try to make a big thing about it . Bye
04-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Some of you should hide under a rock today and stay away from your computer. Sites all over the internet will be pulling similar jokes -- the fact that you KNOW before-hand that any "big news" announced on *any* site on April 1st is a joke should be enough preparation. If they hadn't done it, some people would probably be complaining, "Hey, where's the April's Fools Joke?"