Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

full frame mirrorless?

i would have bought the k-01 if it was full frame and had an evf.

what do you think to a full frame k-01? is that just too crazy?

if pentax release a full frame version of the K-5, then it would just be in direct competition with the canikons out there
and i know that it would take a lot of people a while to get used to the EVFvsOVF difference, but if pentax were to enter the FF market, wouldn't they want to do it with some sort of USP?

04-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's an idea one of their employees talked about- but as far as FF goes, we'll see a DSLR before we see a mirrorless, that's for sure.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #3
Banned

Photos: Albums
While I have yet to receive a full official version explanation on this one... I've heard many experts discussing this one.

That no existing body/frame could support the full frame; so it would have to be a completely new body in the slr range. But... That with very little (if any) modification that the existing K-01 could indeed be adapted to a full frame. Even that it might have been built with this in mind - from the original design stage.

Also noticing the teardown pics of the K-01; that there also might indeed be room to support an evf; but not sure how if it could be made to work with the built in fill flash. It might very well work with much like the Olympus ones. In addition... There might be room for more output jacks on the body; on the card slot side and also the mic side.

Unfortunately it is unlikely that anyone outside of Pentax would ever be officially be made aware of this until either a refinement of the existing K-01 was made - or perhaps an entirely new model. Yet, I'm almost convinced that Pentax will be releasing a new version of the K-01xx or perhaps even a K-02 and even K-03 within about one year.

Does anyone also want to take a guess at how much longer it will be (actually not all that long at all) before one of the other majors releases their version of a K-01?? This would also most certainly motivate more Pentax releases
04-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
with very little (if any) modification that the existing K-01 could indeed be adapted to a full frame. Even that it might have been built with this in mind - from the original design stage.
Wouldn't that set a few people on their ears!

04-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Maybe a pro K-FF body will be released.
Maybe a GXR PK-FF mountor will emerge.
Maybe reindeer will sh!t all over my roof.
Maybe [politico-social references deleted]
Reality-based answer: We haven't a clue.
04-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Maybe a pro K-FF body will be released.
Maybe a GXR PK-FF mountor will emerge.
Maybe reindeer will sh!t all over my roof.
Maybe [politico-social references deleted]
Reality-based answer: We haven't a clue.
fingers crossed basically then...