Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hcarvalhoalves Quote
Pentax is the one struggling to reach market share with weird new products that no one - outside the core fan base - seems to care about.
From the hatred i see here towards the Q and K-01 i beg the difference....

04-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hcarvalhoalves Quote
Well, that's a fallacy. Apple market share grew from a statistical error to almost 25% of the entire personal computing market in ten years. That can't be achieved if you only sell to the same fan base.

The irony is, the situation you're describing here fits much more Pentax's case than Apple. Pentax is the one struggling to reach market share with weird new products that no one - outside the core fan base - seems to care about.
I thought we were talking about present tense not history.
04-20-2012, 04:06 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by geekette Quote
... I am afraid now.. after they bought Pentax they are talking crazy with their prices.
So they form a new company in the US that will distribute both Pentax and Ricoh products, and that indicates to you that they are going to kill the brand?
04-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #49
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by alohadave Quote
So they form a new company in the US that will distribute both Pentax and Ricoh products, and that indicates to you that they are going to kill the brand?
I think that post before the OP saw Ned's announcement. It isn't really a new company. They are just renaming Pentax Imaging to PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION (PENTAX). They did say it was the formation of a new company so we will see who the President of it will be. However, it is going to be in Denver and Pentax Imaging moved from Golden to Denver last year. Maybe they will have an in house serve dept.

04-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #50
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by geekette Quote
... I am afraid now.. after they bought Pentax they are talking crazy with their prices.
so basically, no.
04-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If a moderator wants to close this thread I created then I wouldn't feel upset at all. I guess it's kinda negative talking about this. I just hope ricoh knows what they are doing and Pentax lives on.