Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
List of Cities with B&M selling Pentax Gear

I am trying to put a simple list of cities, metro areas that have B & M that sell Pentax bodies, lenses and accessories . Cities in bold indicate a B & M that deals in Pentax Gear. Yellow highlight indicates multiple choices. Big Box stores such as Bad Buy are not counted.

Atlanta
Miami
Nashville
Chattanooga
Jacksonville
Tampa-Clearwater-St Pete
Orlando
Tallahassee
Pensacola
Panama City-Emerald Coast
Memphis
Kansas City
St Louis
Denver (Head Quarters )
Houston
Dallas
San Antonio
Albuquerque (minimal)
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
Baltimore
Washington, DC-Beltway (Ace)
Boston
NYC
Chicago
Louisville
Cincinnati
Minneapolis-St. Paul
Madison, Wisc
Detroit
Phoenix
San Diego
Los Angeles-Anaheim-Long Beach-Burbank-Pasadena
San Francisco-Oakland
Sacramento
Portland
Seattle

Last edited by Blue; 04-22-2012 at 02:35 PM.
04-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Albuquerque, but just barely...a K-x and a K-r, some FA zooms/primes with a lot of dust on the shelf. No DA lenses and no ltds. I have found a couple gems, like a set of extension tubes with full electrical contacts, but I always get treated like a vagrant for asking about Pentax gear. The store owners here seem to be quite embittered after the Hoya distribution fiasco, and I don't see this unilateral price agreement changing anything in the near future.

As for Denver, you say "but don't bet on it", could you expound on that? I seem to recall mention of a storefront going in with a full line of Pentax gear (not at HQ of course, but closer to downtown)...perhaps I was dreaming...
04-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If rumors are true, you may need to expand your list to every city that has a Target.
04-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you want to Include Canada, Pentax is everywhere here in Vancouver and we are close to Seattle. The few times that I have been in Toronto, it's the same.

Phil.

04-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #5

You can take Denver off the list. There are no stores in Colorado that sell Pentax.
04-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
If rumors are true, you may need to expand your list to every city that has a Target.
When I see a K-5 and a flash unit on the shelf, I'll believe it. But they would count as a Big Box store anyway.

Last edited by Blue; 04-22-2012 at 02:34 PM.
04-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
If you want to Include Canada, Pentax is everywhere here in Vancouver and we are close to Seattle. The few times that I have been in Toronto, it's the same.

Phil.
I will start a separate list for Canada.
04-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
Albuquerque, but just barely...a K-x and a K-r, some FA zooms/primes with a lot of dust on the shelf. No DA lenses and no ltds. I have found a couple gems, like a set of extension tubes with full electrical contacts, but I always get treated like a vagrant for asking about Pentax gear. The store owners here seem to be quite embittered after the Hoya distribution fiasco, and I don't see this unilateral price agreement changing anything in the near future.

As for Denver, you say "but don't bet on it", could you expound on that? I seem to recall mention of a storefront going in with a full line of Pentax gear (not at HQ of course, but closer to downtown)...perhaps I was dreaming...
There have been several people in the area looking, including Mark Castleman, without luck.

04-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Take Orlando off the list.

In the Central Florida area - There are only a handful of B&M places. Colonial Photo and Hobby and Harmons are the *big* players. Frank (The Brit guy) at Colonial is Pentax sympathetic, and he sometimes finds Pentax gear that he sends my may.

The stores on I-Drive do carry Pentax - sometimes - but they are fly-by-night-tourist stores that come and go. You never know if the stores will be there in a few weeks.

Marshalls down in Auburndale did carry some Pentax, but I have long since picked that carcass clean. Mr. Marshall is kinda a collector, and not a retailer. It's hit or miss down there depending on what he is in the mood to sell. His helpers are nice.

Nothing in Daytona. Clems in the Daytona Flea Market is all about used/old, as they do have some vintage stuff and not what I would call a "store", more like a camera "stand".

Orlando Cameras is another one of those places that has some old stuff.

Kiwi Cameras does repairs.

I am trying to organize a Pentax users group in the coming months, but Orlando is a Pentax wasteland.

Last edited by LaurenOE; 04-21-2012 at 09:07 PM.
04-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #10

Where in Seattle is good? (:
04-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Take Orlando off the list.

In the Central Florida area - There are only a handful of B&M places. Colonial Photo and Hobby and Harmons are the *big* players. Frank (The Brit guy) at Colonial is Pentax sympathetic, and he sometimes finds Pentax gear that he sends my may.

The stores on I-Drive do carry Pentax - sometimes - but they are fly-by-night-tourist stores that come and go. You never know if the stores will be there in a few weeks.

Marshalls down in Auburndale did carry some Pentax, but I have long since picked that carcass clean. Mr. Marshall is kinda a collector, and not a retailer. It's hit or miss down there depending on what he is in the mood to sell. His helpers are nice.

Nothing in Daytona. Clems in the Daytona Flea Market is all about used/old, as they do have some vintage stuff and not what I would call a "store", more like a camera "stand".

Orlando Cameras is another one of those places that has some old stuff.

Kiwi Cameras does repairs.

I am trying to organize a Pentax users group in the coming months, but Orlando is a Pentax wasteland.
QuoteOriginally posted by keyofnight Quote
Where in Seattle is good? (:

Only Bolded cities indicate B&M with Pentax.
04-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Dont have to do one for Canada. Available in all main city
04-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #13

Where in Detroit?
04-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #14
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by apac Quote
Where in Detroit?
He said he had to stores the dealt in Pentax withing driving distance. From another thread:

QuoteOriginally posted by jamesk8752 Quote
We have two within easy driving distance (northwestern suburbs) that I know of and there are probably more. Why do you ask?

QuoteOriginally posted by jamesk8752 Quote
Here's a list of Detroit area camera stores from the online Yellow Pages: Camera Stores in Detroit, MI - AOL Local Yellow Pages

There seem to be a number of them, but many are branches of Ritz.
04-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote

Phil.
yeah, and I think I saw some of your post selling gears there as well?