Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
Forum Member

First paid jobs and my new site

Just wanted to thank everyone at Pentax forums for all their sharing and knowledge. I've just started trying to make the transition from hobbyist to some paid jobs (and all the contracts, etc. that entails) and people here have been very helpful. It feels great to get a paycheck and a happy customer for a job, even if it's not much! Plus it also helps show the fiance there is a reason I need that new lens

I recently finished my new website, feel free to check it out and give me some feedback on interface or images, etc.

www.wix.com/kylerrandall/images

05-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It definitely must feel great to be making some spare change I like the slideshow effect on your homepage- it sure captured my attention!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations! Its good to hear these things. I'm a hobbyist myself and wouldn't mind making the jump, but didn't get around to it yet
05-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congrats on both counts! Your have some great photos on your site. I really like the murals sections. You also have a clear knack for capturing very vibrant colors, especially with the product and mural shots.

My only feedback is that the images were slow to load when I was trying to view the site. I'm not sure what would be responsible for that. Not being a web designer, or savvy to anything related, my only thought is that maybe the images are perhaps of a higher resolution than necessary and could be causing slower loading times.

05-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Well done on the site layout, my only comment would be to watch to image quality on your web site, as this is how your judged; be that wrongly or rightly.

Only ever use your very best images that are both razor sharp and really pop when you view them. I know it's always a trade off "quality against load speed", but you need to have the "wow factor" as there are many aspiring photographers out there.

Good luck.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 05-17-2012 at 07:19 AM.