Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
Forum Member

Where To Get 1 Hour Matte Prints on Fuji Paper?

Anyone know of a place? (NO WALMART/SAMS!)

I've checked Walgreens, they have 1hr Fuji but it's on gloss paper, the Matte has to be sent out.

Have not checked CVS because I don't believe they use Fuji, I think they use HP.

Last edited by TechGuru; 05-13-2012 at 04:58 PM.
05-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

If I recall correctly, Walmart 1-hour service uses matte Fuji. You might want to call and confirm, I haven't printed anything out in a while and I could be mistaken.
05-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
If I recall correctly, Walmart 1-hour service uses matte Fuji. You might want to call and confirm, I haven't printed anything out in a while and I could be mistaken.
I should have stated "EXCEPT WALMART", I don't go there, it's a china trash store.

Not to mention I've heard many stories about them harassing people about printing photos that look "too professional" and keeping them.
05-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TechGuru Quote
I should have stated "EXCEPT WALMART", I don't go there, it's a china trash store.

Not to mention I've heard many stories about them harassing people about printing photos that look "too professional" and keeping them.

They are no better or worse than any other chain store, simply more efficient at exploiting markets. Don't think that any other chain wouldn't do the same if they could.

Other places will question your work if it looks too professional. I've had Walgreens do the same thing.

That said, Ritz uses Fuji Crystal Archive II for up to 10x13 sizes.

05-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't shop W-m much either. I was told that our w-m sends the film out to be processed and our sam's process isn't very good They didn't seem to know much about their process .I don't know about CVS since I use Walgreens for my processing and what printing I don't do at home.
I was wondering the same thing about matte printing the other day and have been considering checking a local CVS. Good luck on your quest
05-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
Brooke Meyer

QuoteOriginally posted by TechGuru Quote
Anyone know of a place? (NO WALMART/SAMS!)

I've checked Walgreens, they have 1hr Fuji but it's on gloss paper, the Matte has to be sent out.

Have not checked CVS because I don't believe they use Fuji, I think they use HP.
Costco uses consumer grade Fuji Crystal Archive, only Luster and Glossy though. They do publish accurate ICC profiles for their 12" Noritsu printers, profiled for each machine at each store. Its done by Dry Creek labs who also does it for Adorama. Max size is 12"x18" but they also have an Epson 7880, also profiled. 16x20 and 20x30 K3 Inks, Posterboard 11x14, 16x20 and 20x30. I use it a lot for next day advertising. Very good pricing.