Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Eric Hendrickson - Another Satisfied Customer

I got an LX with a sticky mirror; a classic problem. I emailed Eric a few times back and forth and sent it in to him.

He had it for about 17 days. During that time he fixed the problems, realigned the meter, adjusted the mirror rest so focus is perfect, etc. Everything that was wrong was fixed.

He also cleaned it up and had it looking brand new. The body is blacker than I thought possible. It looked fine before, but it looks like a factory-fresh finish now. The lettering on the ASA dial, exposure compensation dial, and shutter speed dials are brighter. The experience of unboxing it after the USPS man left was as close to opening a new camera as getting a ~25 year old camera can be.

I am extremely satisfied with his service, professionalism, and prices. I'm unsure if Eric would appreciate me posting the price I paid on this review, so I will leave it out. His quote was in line with other repair shops I contacted before I chose to send the camera to him (I contacted KEH and a repair shop in Pineville, NC as well).

I am writing this to extol his service, but also to let others know (as if there was anyone on this forum that was unaware of Eric) if you have pretty much any Pentax camera that needs repair work like my LX did, or just a simple cleaning and adjustment, Eric should be the first person you call.

A repair expert that specializes in Pentax repair, but doesn't charge any more than a general service camera repair shop? That's a win in my book. I will use him in the future if my LX needs additional work, or if I acquire more cameras that justify it.

I will use this camera for mission-critical work without worry. I will use Eric's service without worry in the future should the need arise.

Incidentally, I also have a Minolta SRT200 that I would like to get CLA'd (nothing is wrong with it, but it being 35 years old I figure it can't hurt to make sure). He said I could send it to him, so he isn't a Pentax exclusive repair man, he just specializes in Pentax equipment.

My only reget? He said I didn't need to send the winder to him, so I didn't (I was happy to save the extra weight on the box anyway). Now the winder looks old and dingy in comparison to my brand new looking LX....