Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
All future compact cameras will be under the Ricoh brand , anybody know if this is tr

"Noboru Akabane, President of Pentax Imaging Ricoh, announced plans to abolish future Pentax compact digital cameras and focus on DSLRs. All future compact cameras will be under the Ricoh brand while DSLR and mirrorless camera will be under the Pentax name.

07-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/192123-branding-announ...-compacts.html
07-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Seems like it'd be a better idea to sell as Pentax, and merge Ricoh models into the lineup. A lot of exposure for brands is done via compacts...
07-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Do many purchase Pentax/Ricoh compacts? If not, it doesn't really matter. I had a film compact 9 years ago that I liked very much. The kicker was that I got it for only $96 and it also came with a pair of quality multi-coated binoculars that I still have. Sadly, it broke.

Closed Thread