Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fair is Fair: Pentax USA improves

I've been a vocal critic of PRIC USA and many of their practices and failures to act. I genuinely believe that if you are going to criticize you need to be ready to praise too when appropriate. With that in mind, I would like to say that I think PRIC USA has improved significantly in how they are handling the introduction of the K-30 over what they did just 4-5 months ago for the K-01!

Some examples:
  1. It took weeks for significant content on the K-01 to appear on the PRIC USA website but the K-30 has been represented there since prior to its official release in the US. Excellent improvement
  2. Relating to #1 - the content on the K-30 is significantly, IMHO, better in showcasing the camera than the K-01 materials were for that camera
  3. PRIC USA is finally posting to the PF forum again after a long, and inexcusable IMHO, absence.
  4. When concerns were raised, by me and then others, that the K-30 product tour seemed to be a bit limited in coverage of the country PRIC USA added another city in the Southeastern US. I will say I am pleased that it is Atlanta as I live here but if they had chosen Miami, Charlotte, Nashville, New Orleans or another SE city I would have been impressed as well with their responsiveness.
  5. The variety of outlets that have had access to previewing the K-30 and reviewing it has been significantly better IMHO than for the K-01.
  6. Advertising of the K-30 through retailers, which usually requires a bit of work on the part of the distribuor, has been incredibly better than it was for the K-01.
I'm sure I am missing some other areas that have improved in the past 4-5 months but I think that captures the essence of what I am trying to say.

Have I converted to a fanboy who sees PRIC USA as being incapable of messing up - no. Their call center is still abysmal and inexcusable in their lazy attitude and their inability to find an answer to questions. But, progress and change takes time and I am sure that if they apply the same effort to those other areas additional posts praising PRIC USA for their improvements will occur too.

Last edited by Docrwm; 05-06-2013 at 08:12 PM.
07-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Next step - put a goddamn giant poster up at B&H to compete with the D3200 poster. Get on it!
07-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Next step - put a goddamn giant poster up at B&H to compete with the D3200 poster. Get on it!
I am sure there are lots of suggestions that can be made for improvement. I'm glad that they are at least willing to entertain that there are Pentaxians outside NYC and Denver.
07-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree, I have seen improvements, but advertising definitely needs to ramp up. The K-30 looks to be a fantastic camera, a wonderful value at the price. It's rugged and outdoorsy. But people don't know it exists. That needs to change!

And for goodness sake, if you are going to tour the nation with a product, you might want to include the nation's capital on that tour.

07-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
I agree, I have seen improvements, but advertising definitely needs to ramp up. The K-30 looks to be a fantastic camera, a wonderful value at the price. It's rugged and outdoorsy. But people don't know it exists. That needs to change!

And for goodness sake, if you are going to tour the nation with a product, you might want to include the nation's capital on that tour.
I'm sure they just don't want to get shot
07-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote

There does seem to be a disproportionate number of photographers in DC compared to the rest of the country.