Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Package Missing-Fedex and FrenchCanvas to the rescue

I ordered a package of stretcher bars for canvas, from FrenchCanvas.com but it never arrived. I had to go out of town the day it was to arrive, but my wife was home for the most of the time i was gone. I ended up replacing the stretcher bars from a local art shop. In the meantime, i reported the loss to FEDEX and they sent out the driver who had delivered it. Very friendly guy who had delivered stuff to my home before by his report. He reported exactly where he places these packages on my back porch.

I told him not to worry about, not sure what happened to it, but I couldn't see it being fair to Fedex to spend any more money on investigating it. Got a call next day from Fedex office recommending that i contact the vendor, French Canvas. I did that and they said not problem, they would just reship. Meanwhile, i needed more stretcher bars, and sent in a larger order to them. Before i got those, i received the reshipment of my original order.

I expected to eat the cost of the original order, but was pleasantly surprised by the customer orientation of Fedex and French Canvas. Super. What happened to my original order? I think it sat on my back porch for a coupla days and got swiped. Anyway, i'm going to be a lot more careful to have orders picked up the day they arrived, even if i'm not around.

07-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice to hear about good service. Quite a contrast to my recent UPS experience - by far.
07-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here's another option from Fedex

BTW, i'm not an employee of Fedex or have any interest in them. They seem to be chosen by a coupla vendors i'm dealing with at the moment.

At the Fedex website, they have an option called:

Hold at Fedex Location

By coincidence i have a current package being shipped by Fedex ground, and with this option, i just directed them to not deliver at home but to a Fedex shipping/holding office about 10 miles north of my home. I really need this shipment, its some prints i need for a show in August. Now there will be no risk of theft off my porch, it will be at a fedex office for pickup, and they will call me when it arrives. Not only that, but you can reschedule this shipment to a hold office after it ships from the vendor, which i just did.

This is really a cool option instead of waiting around all day at my home. I hope that ups has something similar. anyone know?
07-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
BTW, i'm not an employee of Fedex or have any interest in them. They seem to be chosen by a coupla vendors i'm dealing with at the moment.

At the Fedex website, they have an option called:

Hold at Fedex Location

By coincidence i have a current package being shipped by Fedex ground, and with this option, i just directed them to not deliver at home but to a Fedex shipping/holding office about 10 miles north of my home. I really need this shipment, its some prints i need for a show in August. Now there will be no risk of theft off my porch, it will be at a fedex office for pickup, and they will call me when it arrives. Not only that, but you can reschedule this shipment to a hold office after it ships from the vendor, which i just did.

This is really a cool option instead of waiting around all day at my home. I hope that ups has something similar. anyone know?
Excellent point. I'd also check to see if there is a Kinko's nearby as they are now a FedEx company and ours will hold for pickup as well.