Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by liukaitc Quote
Hey I just met their head photographer and finshed a quick training
I think I am pretty much hired.
but not 100% sure yet
need to waiting for final judgement!!!
Even though it is an entry level job, it is important for me. first step, you know..
All the best, hope you land the job

08-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #62
Pentaxian

There are places that will not accept scanned images as so a drum scan from a large format is not as good as an entry level digital SLR? Some times rules are made to make it easier for those who have to look at the images or photographers so cut down the number of people they need to see without worrying about making judgements on quality. Even if Pentax made a full frame camera, if you do not have one you still would not get the job. Do the majority of Nikon users have full frame ones? I think not.

Sort of like some jobs that do not need any knowledge to do asks for a university degree just to decrease the number of applicants.
08-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
There are places that will not accept scanned images as so a drum scan from a large format is not as good as an entry level digital SLR? Some times rules are made to make it easier for those who have to look at the images or photographers so cut down the number of people they need to see without worrying about making judgements on quality. Even if Pentax made a full frame camera, if you do not have one you still would not get the job. Do the majority of Nikon users have full frame ones? I think not. Sort of like some jobs that do not need any knowledge to do asks for a university degree just to decrease the number of applicants.
In fact, at some extremely competitive places like Google, they sometimes use all sorts of crazy riddles in order to select employees, throwing out those who can't solve them, even if fully qualified for the job; this book explains these puzzles in detail. I'm not sure if this is still true today.

--DragonLord