Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2012, 06:17 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
An open letter to Pentax.

Thank you, Pentax.

Thank you for allowing me to take pictures outside. I love nature, including the sunny, dry, comfortable kind and the blustering, grimy, challenging kind. I appreciate being able to capture images without worrying about my equipment. And, yes, I also appreciate the way people give me odd looks when I'm thinking more about the image than about the equipment, because this hobby is more about hunting images than about weighing specifications.

Thank you for enabling me to journey with a camera. I enjoy the majesty of life around me and the opportunity to occasionally express my experience through photography. Your compact and lightweight equipment allows me to be in the world with my camera at hand, rather than needing to dedicate special trips to take my camera out to see the world.

Thank you for the prints. The end result of photography should hang on many walls and be seen by many eyes. The only consistent regret among my prints is that I hadn't yet purchased a Pentax to capture the image. You enable greatness; it is up to me, now, to employ my tools to their full advantage.

Thank you for your brilliant engineers. Somehow, you take a given technology and allow it to capture images better than anyone else. I don't understand it, but I appreciate it.

Thank you for allowing me to explore the hobby. Buying into the Pentax system means being able to buy and tinker with many different kinds of optics, which often have even more functionality than they were designed with. You allow me broader horizons than anyone else, and for that you are special.

Thank you for treating me with respect. Your product lines are designed for people who want to capture images, not for people whom you can separate from a few more dollars. I have never felt ashamed that I didn't buy the higher model because all of your products are designed to offer as much as they can.

Thank you for offering all of these things at the same time. Again, I don't understand why others don't do this, but I appreciate that you do.

No, Pentax, you aren't perfect. We have had quibbles from time to time. But, just the same, I wanted you to know that I am glad you are with us.

08-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Signed.
08-31-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
+ 1 Well said.