Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Sony Introduces the World's First Full-Frame Compact Digital Camera

In case this hasn't been posted yet A couple other cameras too.
Sony Introduces the World's First Full-Frame Compact Digital Camera | Digital Camera Review

Sony Introduces New Full-Frame α99 Camera with Translucent Mirror Technology and Dual AF System | Digital Camera Review

New Sony α NEX-6 Camera Delivers Full DSLR Experience in Pocket-Sized Package | Digital Camera Review

Last edited by Jack; 09-12-2012 at 12:14 PM.
09-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I saw it, but scene setting on a FF compact camera that cost $2800? Really? Are they serious?
09-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
I saw it, but scene setting on a FF compact camera that cost $2800? Really? Are they serious?
Even stranger, it's a fixed lens camera! If there is to be a Pentax FF--I could see myself buying one in the right circumstances, but it's not as important to me as it is to some--the sensor will have to be made by someone. That someone would probably be Sony; so--correct me if I'm wrong--this could be good news for Pentax shooters who covet an FF camera.
09-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
Pentaxian

The Sony RX1 at $2800 is near the price of other FF cameras. Is the small size worth the tradeoff of never being able to change focal length? Not for me but a specialized camera like this might be a godsend for some street photographers. I am satisfied with APS-C.