Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #16
Pentaxian

You can see everything they've got in that shot in rbefly's album above. They only had a few lenses, and I didn't check prices. I'm assuming they made some deal with the Pentax HQ since they don't even normally carry cameras and lenses there. (The only other lenses in the place are the Lensbaby line-up.) Maybe they can get others on request...

10-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
More Stores, More Stuff?

Hi Jbuck,
Von's right, my shot of the Pentax shelf is all they have, no ltd's or other lenses. So far. One of the staff told me they will be carrying more soon, "All the latest Pentax products". But, no Canon, Nikon or other 35's.
It's a start!
Marc, are you near downtown? I went by the 16th street Wolf/Waxmans today and the sign says "Mike's Camera coming soon". A downtown store with a full stock of gear would be great, and since the'll only be 2 blocks from Pentax USA, maybe they'll work out a deal. One can only hope.
Years back, the original Mike's carried new and used Pentax, all kinds of equipment. Plus every other major brand, new and used. It was like a photography wonderland.
For now, I'll give Denver Pro Photo all the business I can, even if it's only B + W film + developing. They support Pentax, I'll support them.
Ron
10-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #18

Darn, I was in Denver last weekend and didn't see this. I checked out their website before going down (live in Steamboat) and didn't see Pentax mentioned so didn't bother stopping. Next time.
I did go to the Camera Trader in Englewood though, got a Vivitar 400/5.6 for $20. Very hard to control my LBA in there, the place is stacked!
10-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Marc, are you near downtown? I went by the 16th street Wolf/Waxmans today and the sign says "Mike's Camera coming soon".
No, I'm in Wheat Ridge, and the Wolf->Mike's location I am referring to is at 38th & Wadsworth. Interesting to see that it's not just my location, though!

10-28-2012, 03:15 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Even More Mike's?

Marc, they're taking over the Wheat Ridge Wolf's too? Wow, maybe they bought the whole chain? That was quite a few stores when it was Waxmans, and (IIRC) Wolf's bought them all. Hmmmm....
53bicycles, sorry to hear you missed Pro Photo, maybe next time! I should mention that the cross street at Alameda is named Platte River Drive, it curves West and becomes Jason Street.
The Camera Trader had a huge supply of used gear, I've been by there a few times. I believe he's reducing the store size, looks like he's trying to rent out part of the store. He also does custom photo printing and scanning, other film and digital work. The one thing the big box stores can't compete with is used gear, it's great to have a store that sells it.
Ron
10-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Marc, they're taking over the Wheat Ridge Wolf's too? Wow, maybe they bought the whole chain? That was quite a few stores when it was Waxmans, and (IIRC) Wolf's bought them all. Hmmmm....
53bicycles, sorry to hear you missed Pro Photo, maybe next time! I should mention that the cross street at Alameda is named Platte River Drive, it curves West and becomes Jason Street.
The Camera Trader had a huge supply of used gear, I've been by there a few times. I believe he's reducing the store size, looks like he's trying to rent out part of the store. He also does custom photo printing and scanning, other film and digital work. The one thing the big box stores can't compete with is used gear, it's great to have a store that sells it.
Camera Trader has gone through a few cycles. First few times I went in there there was a decent amount of used gear to look at, but both times really creepy employees asking me strange questions had me not wanting to go back. Then after a while I checked back and there was basically no gear, and all he seemed interested in was the banner printing business. So I wrote it off pretty much. Then went back this year and suddenly he's got a ton of used gear again, no employees (always the same guy who is the owner I think, but is not a creepy weirdo), and he's offering good prices cause no one is buying anything. (The stuff is not all that exciting, but at least there is some of it.) And now just in the last month or so he got his license to sell firearms and he so he is also selling guns! So if you want some old stuff (mostly non-Pentax, of course) and a gun to go with it, that's the place to go. He is just looking for one way or another to stay in business I guess. It is in a out-of-the-way location with no foot traffic whatsoever, so the gear is just a sideline at this point because he obviously isn't making any money on that...
02-11-2015, 08:34 PM   #22

Do you remember another store downtown, sort of high-end cameras and equipment...it was downstairs a 1/2 level (garden level?) off 16th street towards 17th. Mainly pro gear, Nikon, Hasselblad, etc?
Ron
I'm real late to this thread (I was searching for Pentax outlets in Denver), but that description matches the Waxman's of years ago.

09-10-2015, 05:41 PM   #23
Forum Member

Denver Pro Photo Moved

Denver Pro Photo recently moved to Littleton they are still unpacking and awaiting restock from Pentax. I would call first if there is something you need now !

Denver Pro Photo
8136 S. Grant Way
Littelton CO