Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #91
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
Yep, in fact why not ditch the K01 series and make E-mount mirrorless cams improving on the NEX (shake reduction!) A high functioning K adapter, and some sweet little E mount lenses to fill the gaps in Sony's line up.... Would be nice and they'd sell more lenses.

from the photokina interviews, i think they already said that K 01 was a one-off camera, i.e. there will be no follow-on model. I found that disappointing.

I went to one of these 2 day Kinetic sculpture parades this last weekend. we biked around it to avoid the traffic problems. Took my old 7mp Canon PS instead of my K5. Got some good shots wtih it even though most of the time i couldn't see much on the lcd due to sunlight. i did a lot of looking around at the cameras others were using. Felt a bit sorry for the old farts (like me ) carrying around a pack of lenses and heavy DSLRs. But the heavy DSLRs were few and far between. Lots of smart phone picture taking, PS like me, and bridge cameras i suppose. I found my own picture taking much more fun and creative without the heavy lenses and dslr.

I'm not giving up the K5, but this is the kind of picture taking that i don't do anything with, so it was an experiment on my part to get back to a smaller size of camera. But i found it liberating and caused me to take some fun shots i wouldn't normally do.

I would have liked to see Pentax build something like the Nex or Fuji, but since they refuse to do that (i suggested it on the poll questionairre however), I plan on buying one of the new mirrorless to supplement the K5.

10-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #92
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clinton Quote
We made it to page 6 on this thread before the doom and gloom started. My theory? If this had been in the news and rumors section we'd have seen it on page 1.
This thread actually started there. it likely sent a lot of 'doom and gloom' straight to Pentax which they kind of need to hear.
10-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #93
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I remember from the Russian interview about the supposed K-01 lens that had protruding elements, that there "was not enough feedback". Took the survey, and now, well, seems they ARE looking for feedback!

Seeing signs like this is very positive for me. First, they started holding tours 'round the globe with the K-30 and the K-5 II for testing; for the K-30 in the UK I think they got a somewhat-popular singer, and in Japan they're marketing the K-30 as the young adventurer's must-have. Then, they take along P-R reps to their tours from Photokina to Tokyo and other cities; it really does seem Ricoh is giving Pentax more than just a slight nod to the latter's plans.

The only thing I still don't understand to this date is the MAP on lenses that has affected much of the DA* lenses. Hopefully they're brewing something extremely good in that area too, hence the obvious purchase deterrent through pricing...

btw, Q#6: Please tell us if you own any digital cameras besides a Pentax
options: Olympus, Canon, Nikon, NO OTHER camera brand

err.. I have a Samsung P&S, and put it in the field box.... but it says it still requires an answer =))

Last edited by Alizarine; 10-09-2012 at 07:24 PM.
10-09-2012, 08:09 PM - 1 Like   #94
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
I remember from the Russian interview about the supposed K-01 lens that had protruding elements, that there "was not enough feedback". Took the survey, and now, well, seems they ARE looking for feedback!
I interpreted "not enough feedback" as "the K-01 does not sell well enough to warrant the production of a special lens that will only work on the K-01".

Not sure whether the K-01's failure to succeed is only based on its sacrifice of styling over functionality but it appears to have played a role.

10-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #95
Veteran Member

Good point, Class A.

Now the question is, is this survey meant only for PRIAC customers? I wonder if Pentax will also do this for their other markets.
10-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #96
Site Supporter

Good point, Class A.

Now the question is, is this survey meant only for PRIAC customers? I wonder if Pentax will also do this for their other markets.
The survey has the PRIAC address on it.
10-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #97
Veteran Member

Then I wonder how many non-PRIAC customers have taken the survey too. of course, that would mean they "don't count"

10-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #98
Site Supporter

Then I wonder how many non-PRIAC customers have taken the survey too. of course, that would mean they "don't count"
They ask for an address and email.
10-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #99
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The email and address fields are not mandatory... I left them blank...

For me the items that are making me switch systems are lack of a high spec pro sports body with their high FPS, ultra high ISO, huge buffers, outstanding AF and fast super tele's.... I.e. my usual complaints with Pentax... )
10-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #100
Veteran Member

Did the survey, gave them heck for not even including a film option in the question about what kind of camera you have...
11-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #101

How well does the autofocus adjustment work on your camera? I haven't tried adjusting my K-r. Be well, Bob
11-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #102

Did the survey

I hope they pay attention to the following questions:

QuoteQuote:
"11. When you consider camera brands other than Pentax, what one reason above all others would cause you to purchase another brand?"
FULL FRAME!!!!

I am certainly at a point with my photography where I want it as an OPTION!

The other question was along the lines of

QuoteQuote:
what are the three features that differentiate Pentax from other brands
Answer:

1) In body SR
2) Shit AF (not enough cross type AF points and the points are too large) Accuracty has definitely been improved and not having a whinge about that.
3) Shit PTTL system. It's like trying to work with someone that has multiple personality disorder.