Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Gorgeous time-lapse video of Yosemite

Thought someone might have posted this before, but I searched & didn't find anything. Here's a remarkable time-lapse video shot in Yosemite by someone called Shawn Reeder.
Scroll down to "Yosemite -- Range of Light".

Shawn Reeder | Photographer & Music

10-18-2012, 05:24 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Wow, that is impressive. Thanks for posting that!
10-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow! Amazing that he found Joshua Trees in Yosemite!

No doubt, an impressive set. And yet, and yet ... having seen a number of these stunning time-lapse sets, the stun is wearing off for me. Video needs a storyline IMO, and I find that lacking in most of the time-lapse I've seen. Time-lapse sequences that do have a storyline, OTOH, feel gimmicky. This kind of work definitely has a place -- can work very well as part of a nature documentary, for example. And I'll admit, I've been wanting to try it myself, so this is good food for thought.