Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2012, 05:11 PM - 1 Like   #1
Inactive Account

A message for the marketing people at Pentax Europe

This spanish photographer shoots with a K5. Take a look:

tutti frutti - a set on Flickr
Self-portrait/autorretratos - a set on Flickr

I understand that some people will like it and some will not. It's ok. But that's not the point... The important thing is that... she's only 15!!!. She's the youngest spanish photographer ever to hold an exhibition in an art gallery, the youngest to shoot a magazine cover and the youngest to have her work used in an (RENFE-spanish rail company) ad. And she began taking pictures just two years ago, when she was 13!!! I'm sure as hell my pictures weren't half as good at that age.

This girl is getting a lot of media attention here and might be a fantastic Pentax ambassador among young people who are thinking in getting a dslr. I think Pentax Spain is working on something with her, but if i were them i'd be trying to get her some kind of sponsorship deal or scholarship as fast as i could.

11-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Are you kidding me? 15? The pics looks more like the works of a real veteran fashion shooter. P
entax should endorse her big time! Send here cameras, lenses and real support to help her along. Promising and star musicians often get their equipment for free and often from small makers, why would it be impossible for Pentax? Maybe they already do it?
11-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think that the only thing that I can pick from here entire collection that might possibly be construde as not highend fashion, or what have you, is the catchlights in her self protraits. You can see the camera and windows... but I think that this just makes the photo more real, and less of a fantasy world like most of the excentric photos by professionals.

I wonder what @benjikan thinks of her work?
11-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Very impressive. These aren't the kind of pictures I like, but the talent and creativity are apparent.

11-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Another opportunity for the new, improved, Pentax marketing department to shine!
11-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I'm 15 too...i will accept investments as well, Pentax.
hahahahhaha
11-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
Veteran Member

She's pretty amazing.

11-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Even regardless of her age, her work is quite impressive, (although a lot of her photos are just too touched-up for my personal liking.)
Makes myself feel like an embarrassment to Pentax...

She's on deviantart btw, it looks like she updates it more frequently than her flickr; Senju-HiMe on deviantART
11-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #9
Banned

Good work from her. Much of it very fascinating.
11-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #10
Banned

Photos: Albums
Here in america… Pentax also missed the chance to promote and/or sponsor someone whom was semi-professionally using various Pentax cameras well before the were 16. This person was published and appeared in a number of galleries - again all before 16. But here's the key one… Studied with (under the direction of) Ansel Adams and with two other master photographers.
11-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #11

Not as impressed as some seem to be but a few were very nice.Most were taken with Canon and Nikon and a few with Pentax
11-06-2012, 01:37 AM   #12
Banned

Very creative girl!
11-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #13
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Here in america… Pentax also missed the chance to promote and/or sponsor someone whom was semi-professionally using various Pentax cameras well before the were 16. This person was published and appeared in a number of galleries - again all before 16. But here's the key one… Studied with (under the direction of) Ansel Adams and with two other master photographers.
I asked Pentax Germany about how they sponsor and basically, was told that they don't really have the budget for sponsoring people, thus the criteria is high to non-existent.

Pentax Germany is a disaster, anyhow.