Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Part-time (Pentax) Holiday Seasonal Job Opportunity

Just an FYI for anyone possibly looking for some part-time holiday work. I received this in an email this morning.

QuoteQuote:
Dear Pentaxian,

We'd like to make you aware of a special part-time opportunity promoting products that you love.

We are working with AIM (http://www.theaimagency.com) to work in select retail stores. There is more information below on dates, locations, pay and bonus opportunities as well as instructions on how to apply.

AIM is seeking experienced, energetic, reliable Sales Associates/Brand Representatives to work a 12 day sales promotion at select retail stores during this Holiday Season (November 23 - December 23, 2012). This is a great opportunity for photography enthusiasts as this sales promotion is for an internationally known camera brand. We are looking for people who live in or near the following cities:

Alabama Homewood · California Chatsworth, Culver City, Los Angeles, Pleasant Hill, Riverside, Salinas, Santa Ana, Santa Rosa · Georgia Atlanta · Idaho Boise · Illinois Northbrook, O’Fallon · Maryland Annapolis, Bethesda, Towson · Missouri Creve Coeur, Ladue · Minnesota Edina, Golden Valley · Nebraska Kearney · New Hampshire Wolfeboro · New Jersey Madison · New York New York · North Carolina Huntersville · North Dakota Fargo · Ohio Cincinnati · Oregon Portland · Pennsylvania Exton · Tennessee Germantown · Texas Boerne, Bulverde, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Houston, Kyle, Leander, Lytle, Mission, Pharr, Plano, Round Rock, San Antonio, San Juan, Victoria · Utah Ogden, Salt Lake City · Virginia Charlottesville, Harrisonburg, Virginia Beach · Washington Bellevue, Lakewood

Dates of Promotion

This is a PART-TIME SEASONAL POSITION, NOT an independent contractor position.

Interested candidates MUST be available for all dates!

TRAINING DATE - Saturday, November 17, 2012
Friday, November 23, 2012 Sunday, December 09, 2012
Saturday, November 24, 2012 Saturday, December 15, 2012
Friday, November 25, 2012 Sunday, December 16, 2012
Saturday, December 01, 2012 Friday, December 21, 2012
Friday, December 02, 2012 Saturday, December 22, 2012
Saturday, December 08, 2012 Sunday, December 23, 2012
Compensation includes:

$160.00 Daily Base Compensations
Plus Daily Cash Sales Incentive Compensation
Plus a Performance-Based Sales Incentive Contest with AWESOME prizes for photography lovers

Primary Responsiblities include:

Generate sales for the camera brand at a local retail store assigned to you
Interact with, educate, and energize the sales associates at the retail store
Care for and maintain all clients and AIM property
Sumbit event recaps and reports to AIM

Ideal Candidates will:

Have a solid knowledge and passion for photography
Have previous retail sales experience selling higher-end products ($300 - $1,000+)
Be outgoing, flexible, detail-oriented, organized and professional with superior communication skills
Be a legal resident of the U.S. (have credentials to work in the United States) willing to submit to a background check
A solid knowledge and passion for photography

Interested? You can apply here. Or copy and paste this url into your browser - https://aimintranet.aimlivemarketing.com/pen2012/defaultc.aspx.

PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION
633 17th Street, Suite 2600
Denver, CO 80202

11-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sounds like a good time, but too bad I'm 6 hrs away from the closest area. Hopefully this can generate some more pentaxians, I'm lonely here in Jacksonville haha
11-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bear Quote
Sounds like a good time, but too bad I'm 6 hrs away from the closest area. Hopefully this can generate some more pentaxians, I'm lonely here in Jacksonville haha
That probably won't happen until they actually start more extensively selling Pentax gear south of Atlanta. You'd never know that there are actual Pentaxians further south the way they ignore their existence. If they really wanted to make this work Jacksonville, Tampa and Miami should have been added to this list.They're not exactly little cities anymore. :P
11-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Wait, they really call us Pentaxians? That's cute.. I thought that was just a name born from this forum!

11-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Well, this forum "is" where it's at, if you are one, grin, and Pentax does definitely keep an eye on it. We've seen that. The term is used off board though. The guys and gals in my local camera group were using it long before I joined here for the few Pentax people they had. Though I have been called The Pentax Queen as well, lol. As in "Ask The Pentax Queen" over there...I don't think it's generally meant as an insult, except maybe from this one guy who is a total Canon snob, lol...
11-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I received that as well. I thought it was a sign that I'd been spending too much of my moolah on Pentax.
I would definitely go work for them if they cover my travel costs.