Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by qblade Quote
Personally, I find flash incredibly annoying - at home I use Firefox with flashblocker, which is a good way to control flash-heavy websites. I think over time there will be less and less flash in websites.
I hope not! Thats my living

12-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #17
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote

I'll add, poor grammar, spelling, and diction.

M
Diction?
12-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oops - sorry. But if you work on web pages, you have to be used to things changing - I've worked in IT for quite a while and things are always changing. It's one of the things that keeps it interesting and fun.
12-09-2012, 03:46 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by qblade Quote
Oops - sorry. But if you work on web pages, you have to be used to things changing - I've worked in IT for quite a while and things are always changing. It's one of the things that keeps it interesting and fun.
Haha. No problem.
I rather it not change much anymore though. Changing IT job - changing IT skills - means that if one isnt lucky they'll stay a junior programmer for whatever new language rolls in. I already change programming skills 3 times. Its not so much fun anymore, lol. One day, when I am a senior IT manager and the effect of things changing on me is simply telling the junior developers to pick up the new skill or else - i think i'll have more fun!

Besides, Flash got its bad name from poor coding by developers. Its still the best for what it can potentially do - the other day i looked into app development, wondering whether i should pick unity, or xcode, or whatever else, and turns out Flash is still easier, more accessible and platform friendly choice for apps.