Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #1

Does B&H trying to get rid of pentax product?

Compare Amazon prices for Pentax from B&H, its just making me sad. I love pentax.

11-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Of course they are trying to sell them, they don't profit from something sitting on the shelf. The prices are awesome right now, I just got a K-5 from Adorama, it arrived today. They are doing better by selling more at lower cost than they would selling less at higher cost.
11-28-2012, 06:45 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Neither Adorama nor B&H are charities. They both make a profit on their sales, they are just smarter than Pentax in that they understand that 100 sales at 3% profit beats 0 sales at 200% profit.
11-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
Pentaxian

You will find better prices from B&H and Adorama on just about anything photographic. That is their specialty and they sell huge quantities and ship worldwide. Amazon has decent prices at times on photo gear also and is always worth checking them out. I buy a lot of electronic and computer stuff from Newegg but not camera gear because they are usually high.

11-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #5
Unregistered User

The drop in prices is a global phenomenon and may well be part of Pentax's marketing strategy.
Instead of spending silly money on in-your-face marketing, as Canon and Nikon do, Pentax are
selling their cameras at astoundingly low prices in order to increase their market share. This
might just work; people should come to realise that Pentax is trademark worth their bet.

I just got my Pentax Q for 240 Euro.

Dom
11-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DominicVII Quote
The drop in prices is a global phenomenon and may well be part of Pentax's marketing strategy.
Instead of spending silly money on in-your-face marketing, as Canon and Nikon do, Pentax are
selling their cameras at astoundingly low prices in order to increase their market share. This
might just work; people should come to realise that Pentax is trademark worth their bet.

I just got my Pentax Q for 240 Euro.

Dom
Bingo. Welcome to the Q. Buckle up and enjoy the fun!
11-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Del Pilar Espino Quote
Compare Amazon prices for Pentax from B&H, its just making me sad. I love pentax.
Part of what you just witnessed was the Black Friday weekend. BH and Ador had some excellent prices on Pentax gear.