Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2012, 05:58 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When I do a shoot I simply go through them and delete those I am not happy with. You then offer the pics you have processed as a result of that shoot. Any comments are simply met with,
Sorry I do not ever let substandard work out ! As you say.... If not happy.... We can try again. Be polite.... but..... if persistant.... I would simply say find yourself another photographer if you are not happy. This is what I do and the way I do things, and you will find it is how any Pro Photographer works. The closest I ever get or had to this is models wanting every pic ! I still delete those I am not personly happy with though lol

12-14-2012, 07:07 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm not even a pro (maybe some day...) but I've done enough marketing/resume building/advertising in the past to know that you never, ever give anything but your best, because people will remember you for your worst.
12-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm feeling the same way. I went through the ones I rated 3 or 4 stars to see if I can bump any to five for presentation and found a couple. I did tell them everything else is off the table.

I took the advice of refund and shoot, I think that was a good one. I just got a call back and the dads backed off completely. Something about wanting the prints by christmas.

I got a final order from them and will put it together today. I've run out of time to use my usual printer for this project so will try another lab. I hear London Drugs does surprisingly awesome work. So why not.
12-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
In my years of doing lots of different assignments for clients, I've always found that the lower the fee, the higher the hassle. Consider raising your rates to attract a higher class of customer. You want to filter out the cheapskates and psychos.

M

12-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Slightly different market (web site development) but the same message. Its a video of a seminar on business dealings, contracts, and delivering content - along with "conflict management".... Its an easy video to watch.
12-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I cut my losses last night. Just gave them their deposit back. There was going to be no making these people happy. So why bother spending more energy on it.

Especially when the printer effs up and the image comes out really soft. The other image is tack shap, but they squished it.... Very odd. Never had this issue with these guys.

At least my client from Saturday was happy with my work, and their prints come in tonight!