Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-26-2013, 04:19 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Photography in Chernobyl, Russia

Very interesting article. Hope this is the appropriate forum for the topic. I just thought it might be of general interest to Forum members.

Life after Chernobyl: Sergei Gaschak?s photography from inside 'the zone' - Europe - World - The Independent

01-26-2013, 05:08 AM   #2

Interesting read, thanx for the link!
01-26-2013, 06:00 AM   #3
Banned

Photos: Albums
I have two cameras remaining in that exact neighborhood. One a Pentax ME-s and the other a Nikon D100.

Got to visit there for about two weeks in 2005.

While I was permitted to leave with both film and also digital cards... The cameras were literally too radioactive after the visit to be permitted to go back to the states. They still remain there to this data. To remove and use them would actually be a bit of a risk to ones health.

All the digital pics came out perfectly. Some of the film (various speeds) did get fogged - even though none of it went through any airport or customs scans.

There's a truly interesting variety of species of animals in the area - that have somehow adapted. Sadly enough there are still people that work there, but do not live there on a permenant basis. It might be fit for permemant human habitation sometime within about the next two hundred years or so
01-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Guess no one told the wildlife what happened there?