Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2013, 02:12 PM - 1 Like   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Vote for our K-30 giveaway winners! (ended)

The time has come for us to determine the winners of our Pentax K-30 giveaway! The winners will be announced next weekend.

All you need to do is read, comment on, and rate your favorite articles! We'll determine the winners based on the ratings, and then ship out the K-30 and WG-2 to our winners!

All the articles submitted are found here:
Influential Photo Gear - PentaxForums.com Homepage Blog
Favorite Photos - PentaxForums.com Homepage Blog

Full listing of "influential gear" photos:
All "favorite photos" entries:

For background information on his giveaway, please visit this post:
The PentaxForums "2 million post" Giveaway - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
And one more, a little late to the game:
Pentax K+ Multi-Mount - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I want to win! lol.
02-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The winners will be announced by the end of Saturday US time, so don't forget to get your ratings in if there's an article you really like!

Adam

02-23-2013, 12:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
it tooks two month to collect all the article and one month to selected the article before it goes to final, and now only one week to vote the article ? you must be kidding right ?
02-23-2013, 04:30 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by ewig Quote
it tooks two month to collect all the article and one month to selected the article before it goes to final, and now only one week to vote the article ? you must be kidding right ?
The articles have been steadily posted for about 2 months now, one every few days - so there was ample time to vote for them along the way. The ONE thing people can't complain about is not having enough time to vote.

That being said, it seems that all posts have between 20-30 votes, which is even less than the number of posts to begin with. This means then that not even all people who submitted posts voted in their own competition! Considering this was supposed to be the "big one" and it has less participation than the monthly photo contests, one can only conclude that something didn't quite go as planned in this competition after all...

This prolonged voting process (IMHO) also caused some other problems, such as the prizes becoming almost "dated". The competition was announced more than 6 months ago, submission closed November 14th and voting started on Nov. 19th, that is more than 3 months ago. Since then the main prize (K-30 with 18-55mm kit) dropped nearly $300 in retail value (1/3 of its original value), and 2nd place prize (WG-2) is being replaced by a newer model (WG-3) as we speak that is being sold at the original price of the WG-2. I know that even mentioning this will make me sound like a prick to some people, so please don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for the organizers of this competition and all the prizes that were made available, but I do think the voting part could've been handled much faster and better.

After tonight I'll sit back and wait for the second part of the 2 million post giveaway... at least I assume there will be a second part, because in the original announcement of the contest the sentence "first part of our "2 million post" giveaway" was written in bold (see link in Adam's first post in this thread).
02-23-2013, 04:38 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hmm, I notice that my ratings are dropping steadily - maybe people are not taking the advice to vote for their favourites, but rather voting against their competition... :-)
...I guess I should be grateful that voting only lasts a week then, or I might drop to a clear zero.

At least I got a lot of nice comments. That won't win prizes, but it still makes me happy :-)

02-23-2013, 04:55 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The turnout and the number of votes/comments was actually much bigger than expected, and total the user-submitted articles have seen over 300,000 reads!

The second part of the 2m post giveaway was cancelled. However, there will be a K-5IIs giveaway in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for that!

Adam

02-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Winners:

1st place - gnarelsek
2nd place - Itzik
3rd place - athlantar
4th place - sorcier, krp, ewig, sugatabanerji, northcoastgreg

Congrats guys, and stay tuned for a homepage posts about the winners!

Adam

02-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #10

Big congrats to the winners!