Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2013, 02:40 AM   #1

Next Question on Full Frame Camera

Hi everyone,
so we now know (from previous thread) that many on this forum would like to see a full frame DSLR camera from Ricoh Pentax. The following question is, at what price point (versus min. feature set) would you be willing to buy one? I've created a survey to try to ascertain this distribution. Would be great if you could take two minutes and participate. Any interesting find, I will share here

FF P Survey

Best Regards,
MT

02-22-2013, 04:15 AM   #2
Pentaxian

A question on which I have no valid answer:
"What Brand of Full Frame Camera would you consider buying?
Nikon
Canon
Any Brand if the price and build are right"
It also means that people would buy either Nikon or Canon, or the brand doesn't matter as long as the product is much cheaper than the cheapest Canikon FFs (otherwise, they would be buying a Canon/Nikon camera, since the brand doesn't matter). It's in direct conflict with the claim that people are waiting for a Pentax FF at a realistic price.
02-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Question 9 on the survey is meaningless to many Pentax owners. You should have added Pentax to the Nikon and Canon selections. Also why is there no Sony?

NaCl(most Pentax enthusiasts would think long and hard before changing mounts, esp if the have a decent lens collection)H2O
02-22-2013, 07:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You should add film SLRs to "owned cameras".

02-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
I own a full frame but it's 10 years old. So I'd consider a new one an upgrade from my newer APS-C cameras.
02-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Question 9 on the survey is meaningless to many Pentax owners. You should have added Pentax to the Nikon and Canon selections. Also why is there no Sony?

NaCl(most Pentax enthusiasts would think long and hard before changing mounts, esp if the have a decent lens collection)H2O
Yes! Many of us have a large collection of Pentax glass from our film days. I would be more inclined to buy a Pentax (or K mount) FF camera than another brand. Right now, most FF offerings from Nikon and Canon are out of my price range. Yes, I could afford a D600 body or a used or refurbished D700 but adding a useful glass collection would be a huge expense. One doesn't buy consumer quality lenses for these cameras. My Takumars can be used on a Canon as there is an adapter.