Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's a shame if it is anything less than a f2.8, and took so long to finalize the design.

07-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
It's a shame if it is anything less than a f2.8, and took so long to finalize the design.
What is long?
07-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
What is long?
from announcement (appear in the map) till available for purchase...
If it is not a fast lens, I think it is taking too long of a time. no?
07-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I would be OK with it being variable aperture -- f2.8 in the 16-50 range and f4 beyond.

07-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #35
Veteran Member

from announcement (appear in the map) till available for purchase...
If it is not a fast lens, I think it is taking too long of a time. no?
But they have not announced it.
The only things we know are coming from the lens roadmap.
As you might have notice things appear on it in chronogical order, the 16-85 is on the back of the list in the part that says 2013 and later so don't expect it to see it this year, i think we need to at least wait a year if not more.
Beside that as far as i know the lens roadmap is just an indication and nothing more.
07-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
But they have not announced it.
The only things we know are coming from the lens roadmap.
As you might have notice things appear on it in chronogical order, the 16-85 is on the back of the list in the part that says 2013 and later so don't expect it to see it this year, i think we need to at least wait a year if not more.
Beside that as far as i know the lens roadmap is just an indication and nothing more.
The existence of an official lens road map tells user they will have this lens by x amount of time - thereby allowing some users to wait for PENTAX branded lens before they consider 3rd party manufacturers offering. like "hold on to your money, we will have this exciting lens by x". else I don't know what lens road map is used for.... so it is important to follow the release date or update the lens road map.

See, I want the Sigma 18-35 f1.8 lens, but at the same time PENTAX has a similar range 'limited zoom' on the map, so I would really like to see what PENTAX offer there before I order the Sigma. (of course, that's because I can't afford them both).

I mean, if you release a lens road map, at least update the user on the progress on those lens project?
Not to put this into an argument, I agreed what you said, just weird the way things going on in PENTAX...
07-27-2013, 05:18 AM   #37
Veteran Member

you're missing the point that the release date of the 16-85 is 2013 and later, they did not say a specific date or even year.

Beside that things have been pulled from the road map before and they even say the information on it is subjected to changes so it's just an indication and nothing more.

When a lens is close to be released you will see offical annoucement with specs and most of the time a price indication.

05-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Any news about that one?
05-05-2014, 10:22 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
Any news about that one?
Yes...
It was not released with the K-3

I personally gave up on this lens. If their last offering was any indication, it will be slow and expensive. But pretty.