Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
04-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I require in my contract that the couple provicdes me with a meal during their meal. I pack a couple of bottles of water and some granola bars. In the morning I have a larger breakfast than normal, usually with some eggs for protein.

04-14-2013, 04:23 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Allison Quote
I require in my contract that the couple provicdes me with a meal during their meal. I pack a couple of bottles of water and some granola bars. In the morning I have a larger breakfast than normal, usually with some eggs for protein.
Granola bars sounds excellent!

Having a normal, hot meal is awesome, but I fear missing some great shots during that time. Also, at least for me, I have found that, fatigue kicks in when I stop and relax. When I am obsessed and moving all over the place, I feel great, but it is enough to stop for a minute or two, or god forbid to sit for a moment, and I start to feel super tired.
04-14-2013, 04:43 AM - 2 Likes   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Apapukas Quote
Granola bars sounds excellent!

Having a normal, hot meal is awesome, but I fear missing some great shots during that time. Also, at least for me, I have found that, fatigue kicks in when I stop and relax. When I am obsessed and moving all over the place, I feel great, but it is enough to stop for a minute or two, or god forbid to sit for a moment, and I start to feel super tired.
I should have also clarified, I also ask them to put me in the same room as them for a meal. Some reception venues like to have a vendor room, which is nice, but it takes me away from the action. By being in the room, I am able to snap away whenever I need too. I will use some of that time to take pictures of the cake (if it wasnt cut already), the gift table, the cookie table (Pittsburgh tradition), and to set up my flashes for the dancing. You still want to be relatively discreet when dong all of this...people don't like having the photographer so frantic that the guests are watching them during the dinner service. And the guests hate being photographed when they are eating, so I find it is better to photograph guest when they are done and are mingling or dancing.
04-14-2013, 04:50 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Allison Quote
I should have also clarified, I also ask them to put me in the same room as them for a meal. Some reception venues like to have a vendor room, which is nice, but it takes me away from the action. By being in the room, I am able to snap away whenever I need too. I will use some of that time to take pictures of the cake (if it wasnt cut already), the gift table, the cookie table (Pittsburgh tradition), and to set up my flashes for the dancing. You still want to be relatively discreet when dong all of this...people don't like having the photographer so frantic that the guests are watching them during the dinner service. And the guests hate being photographed when they are eating, so I find it is better to photograph guest when they are done and are mingling or dancing.
Thank you, now I find your post really helpful