Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
03-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Never cried for FF but woud probably get it one for my self one for my girlfriend...

03-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Exactly what I've been doing since Dec. 2009...
03-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #18
Veteran Member

in 2008 was one thing, today it is really depend on what kind of FF camera they will bring out if at all.

I just wish for an inspiring Pentax .
03-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #19

20/1.8 50/1.4 105/2.8 are my FF compatible lenses..money waiting..bring it pentax..pentax?!

03-26-2013, 01:36 PM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

They will dam the pentax FF. they will say it wasn't as good as the other mobs. The autofocus is junk. it needs a second card slot. it is to small. It is to big. it should be silver. It should look more traditional. when are we getting anew model? the font used for the word pentax on the camera is wrong. It should have no external flash. It should have a brighter external flash. it should have gold thread on the strap. It is too light. The third button on the left is out of place one nanometer. that's what i could think of in 30 seconds

I don't think there will be any problems at all in them finding ways to spill their guts.
03-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob from Aus Quote
it should be silver
No, storm trooper white...
03-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'd buy it...tomorrow.

03-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #23
Site Supporter

Unless it was cheap enough and gave me enough resolution to really make a difference then probably not. I like the reach of my K5.
03-26-2013, 01:57 PM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why would I buy it tomorrow?

Even if it sucked - which it wouldn't - it would get me into an image sensor size that will be future proof for at least another 10 years. Pixel density in APS-C is coming to a limit. FF still has room to "grow" even using the same pixel density!

With FF comes a bigger mirror, more light, bigger viewfinder.
There's nothing wrong with APS-C and there is even less wrong with FF.

The day I can buy a Pentax FF is the day I will.
03-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
What I'm wondering is, what would people who get so passionate about it do, if we did, in fact, get a FF? I mean where would all their FF flame war energy go?

I'm kinda thinking the universe would explode and wombats would rise to rule the earth.
There will instead be complaints about lens availability, pricing, auto focus, flash support, tethering, GPS modules, megapixels (too many too few), body sizes, controls, menus, etc.

In other words, all the same things that we continually go on and on about
03-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
No, storm trooper white...
Well if there's one thing we can count on from Pentax, it's that there will be multiple colors. Even the 645D had that wonderfully cherry finish.
03-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #27
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
What would you do if we actually did get a FF
Is the right answer, dance a wee jig?
03-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

to me I will never abandon APSC, it is much more versatile in my opinion. However I would want one in a few years when price is settle, to go along with the FA lenses, in low light, and portrait situations.
03-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob from Aus Quote
They will dam the pentax FF. they will say it wasn't as good as the other mobs. The autofocus is junk. it needs a second card slot. it is to small. It is to big. it should be silver. It should look more traditional. when are we getting anew model? the font used for the word pentax on the camera is wrong. It should have no external flash. It should have a brighter external flash. it should have gold thread on the strap. It is too light. The third button on the left is out of place one nanometer. that's what i could think of in 30 seconds

I don't think there will be any problems at all in them finding ways to spill their guts.
but lets be honest here.
There Are cameras that everybody get excited about especially recently.

and when Pentax releases the MX-1 with no Hot shoe when it is exactly the same camera as the Olympus that has one then everybody will ask WHY the H?

how come the Q that is a relatively expensive camera that aims to more advance shooters that would love a small "rangefinder style" camera , but has no good wide lens

what is with the design of the K-1 ? and no EVF or tilt lcd

other the the K-5 and K-30 not many of the Pentax decisions lately makes any sens to the majority of the public. and sadly these two are great great SLRs but , is this enough? most people that invest in a DSLR system with lenses are thinking about the future and if they have where to grow.
now that cameras are like computers , get outdated every couple of years
03-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #30
Veteran Member

not to mention that lets say if Pentax is only aiming to these people "upgrading from a P&S" (most P&S today are amazing and design for advanced photographers)

but these people that upgrade from the P&S of phone will choose Canon BS that is what they know or mirroless camera 4/3 or not