Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2013, 03:24 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'd buy one once its available.

The whiners can complain and find fault, nothing will please them.

The smallish Pentax lenses and the unique ones like the Ltds and well reputed Takumars and * lenses on FF, will be something special.
Canikony may have FF, but they don't have the same lenses, size, build, rendering, etc all considered.

I've been using a 5D with adapted M42 and K lenses.
They give the Canon lenses a run for their money.
Don't know about a camera with built in SR, but the lenses work well on FF.
They will work well enough on a Pentax FF despite the smartie theories out there.
There will be some that don't make the cut; no big deal, just wait for the newer lens lineup and fill up those gaps with the new lenses. (eg. UWA)
And I'm not even talking about Ltds and * lenses, just the 'tier 2' takumars, and non-* A and M lenses.

03-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #47

Nothing. I'm not a gear fetishist.
03-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
I'd buy one once its available.

The whiners can complain and find fault, nothing will please them.

The smallish Pentax lenses and the unique ones like the Ltds and well reputed Takumars and * lenses on FF, will be something special.
Canikony may have FF, but they don't have the same lenses, size, build, rendering, etc all considered.

I've been using a 5D with adapted M42 and K lenses.
They give the Canon lenses a run for their money.
Don't know about a camera with built in SR, but the lenses work well on FF.
They will work well enough on a Pentax FF despite the smartie theories out there.
There will be some that don't make the cut; no big deal, just wait for the newer lens lineup and fill up those gaps with the new lenses. (eg. UWA)
And I'm not even talking about Ltds and * lenses, just the 'tier 2' takumars, and non-* A and M lenses.

I would buy one . It would be nice for the A lenses i have , would use it for.portraits and close ups ect , I have a K511s for the long shots to give me extra reach and if a FF is as good as the K5s are now then no one should have much to complain about , I dont care much for AF anyway, but they will anyway .we all know that they are behind in the AF dept , IQ is as good as any other camera with a good lens , and we have a lot to choose from ,

Don't you have to damage the K mount lenses to use them on FF canon I have used the on my daughters 40d but like the K5 better .
03-28-2013, 10:30 PM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dragon132312 Quote
I would buy one . It would be nice for the A lenses i have , would use it for.portraits and close ups ect , I have a K511s for the long shots to give me extra reach and if a FF is as good as the K5s are now then no one should have much to complain about , I dont care much for AF anyway, but they will anyway .we all know that they are behind in the AF dept , IQ is as good as any other camera with a good lens , and we have a lot to choose from ,

Don't you have to damage the K mount lenses to use them on FF canon I have used the on my daughters 40d but like the K5 better .

I have enough M42 mounts to form a system round it
But for K mounts, what I did was to salvage a aperture lever system from a fungused 50/2 (a bad ebay purchase), snip off the lever and used it on the various Pentax 50mms I have (the A and M lenses seems to share this same aperture/lever system).
Some lenses are far easier as all it takes is to simply unscrew the lever, so it depends on a lens to lens basis.

Despite the fear mongering and smartie theories that the lenses are not usable.
Its simply not true (at least on a FF system w/o SR)
Of course there may be some lenses out there that may fail in corner sharpness (esp. old UWA), but as I've mentioned, its just a matter of topping up that gap with a newly released lens (I hear the Sigma 12-24 is pretty good too)
Then again, a picture is not always about corner sharpness.

To me, the smallness of the Pentax lenses, the build; rendering; colors; etc, all things considered is unique.
Unique on APS-C DSLRs and unique if a FF does come.

03-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
I'd wait to see how good the high ISO is. I'd wait to see how the FA Limited's cope with a FF digital sensor. That would be the first month. Then I'd wait another month or 2 to see if anything unusual pops up, firmware issues, quality problems, etc, etc. Then if I am not hearing anything awful, I'd purchase my first FF DSLR to go with my set of FF lens
Goes for me too - I've been telling myself to continue to enjoy the K20D and wait for the FF camera release plus 6 months til early issues settle out for about 4 years now. :-(
03-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
The day I can buy a Pentax FF is the day I will.
Yup.

Of course, if only 1% of the people claiming to buy a FF Pentax actually will purchase one...

...then one of us is lying.
03-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Yup.

Of course, if only 1% of the people claiming to buy a FF Pentax actually will purchase one...

...then one of us is lying.
It won't be me.
I have waited too long to not be among the first few.

03-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
It won't be me.
I have waited too long to not be among the first few.
It's not me, either. I'm going to purchase as soon as B+H has it listed.

Hmm.
03-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #54
Veteran Member

I'll as well, I'm eyeing 645D, have an appointment with Pentax to test one but if they come with a full frame that would be nicer then a crop. if it does not cost twice as much that is...
12-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #55

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd buy one.....

If Pentax produces a FF under $2k USD w/ around 24mp or better, I'd be first in line.

When I got the K5IIs this year, I started replacing my current "crop" lenses with FF lenses (Sigma 35mm f/1.4, 50mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.4) in anticipation of a Pentax FF body in the next 12-18 months.......if they don't do it, I'll likely switch to Nikon.

Seems to me a no-brainier for Pentax to use either the Sony 24/36mp sensor in the Nikon D600/800 and put in an excellent Pentax body.

Terry
12-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #56
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
What would you do if we actually did get a FF?
Been thinking about this one for a while, I'd fit it with my mistress (SMC Pentax-A 15mm F3.5) and see if it's really as wide as I remember it was on the LX.
12-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tlwyse Quote

Seems to me a no-brainier for Pentax to use either the Sony 24/36mp sensor in the Nikon D600/800 and put in an excellent Pentax body.

Terry
I agree....
12-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Prior to the introduction of the k-3 I think I would have jumped at the chance for a FF, now I'm not so sure. I'm not sure a FF would do anything for me that the k-3 doesn't. I guess I will evaluate if/when it comes out but I'm no longer ready to jump on FF, k-3 is doing a great job.
12-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tlwyse Quote
I wouldn't mind a D800 sensor... but depending upon launch date those sensors will be 2 years old when they're actually introduced. Probably hoping for too much, but I'm hoping they have better sensors than the Nikons.
12-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
I've been at various levels of activity here on PF for few years now. I always find it interesting how passionate people get about the FF debate/rumors/speculating etc. I think the only thing we can agree on when it comes to a Pentax FF DSLR is that it is currently a unicorn.

What I'm wondering is, what would people who get so passionate about it do, if we did, in fact, get a FF? I mean where would all their FF flame war energy go?

I'm kinda thinking the universe would explode and wombats would rise to rule the earth.
Elves would steal all of the Limited primes and use them as water barrels. I personally would buy K3 and a K3ii (rumors!) and all the DA* lenses at Black Friday prices.