Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Only those with ethics worry about such things. Where I'm at, there doesn't seem to be much worrying.
Rupert, I live really far out in the country myself too. It takes me almost half an hour to get to a town. But even there I think you have opportunity. I see people from big cities (not to pick on New York) but for example would make comments about country folks and so on and so forth.

I think portraying the smiles, the friendliness, the quietness, the neighborliness that I have experienced by growing up in and living in the country... this is kind of editorializing the photos...but again its something that is not so negative. You can show WHY you like to live in the country without saying anything...That's a good thing...

But again the eye of the beholder is the person that interprets what they see...that said, I have never heard anyone complain about 'why' picasso had his point of view in his paintings...

03-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I guess MY way of doing things is to approach the world (not just photography) with an open mind and an open eye. It goes back to this book I am reading (and refer to often) where the author talks about 'intent' in taking photographs...

I believe if there is effort put forth to understand then the pictures I take can take on a whole new meaning. Some other people might get my intent and others might not...but I think being true to my style of understanding or just admiring the uniqueness of the world is a good thing.