Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
04-02-2013, 05:19 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Some more credible rumors by asahi man on Dpr:

QuoteQuote:
There was never and there is never a K-3 in FF,this is only the internetnonsense.

This year is going to the highest class of APS-C.
QuoteQuote:
The K-3? comes in Sptember,in Sommer we see the new mediumclass bodys.

04-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Perhaps the problem is that some of these rumors are coming from different areas of Pentax. Could be that the technical designers would love to issue a FF but at the last minute, the financial guys look at the current marketplace and said NO.

I think that Thom Hogan wrote on his Sans Mirror site, that only Canon and Nikon made profits last year, and Nikon missed their targets. He went on to present graphs that showed continuing large slumps in sales of PS cams, some increases in DSLR sales, but not enough to offset losses in the P&S. Disappointing to me, there was only a slight increase in mirrorless camera sales.

So if you are the Director of Pentax Imaging, would you bet the companies future by coming out with a FF camera in such a dismal market? I sure wouldn't make that choice unless i had sufficient market research to prove otherwise. The rabid folks that participate on Pentax forums, including me, are not representative of the broader marketplace.