Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Another old line dealer closes

Porter's Camera Store, which dates back to 1917, is closing. Porters Camera Store | Canon Digital Cameras | Nikon Digital Cameras They have listed a lot of items at inviting prices.

I've dealt with Porters several times over the years and found them a good source. It's sad to see a business this old shut down.

05-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
Porter's Camera Store, which dates back to 1917, is closing. Porters Camera Store | Canon Digital Cameras | Nikon Digital Cameras They have listed a lot of items at inviting prices.

I've dealt with Porters several times over the years and found them a good source. It's sad to see a business this old shut down.
I just clicked on your link to their site - the implication is that their WEBSTORE is closing - nothing said about any brick & mortar locations closing.

It does fly in the face of current trends if their web business is shutting down and NOT the retail, but I take few things at face value anymore. Maybe others here will provide additional proof/info.

On a side note I searched for PENTAX on Porter's and found a Promaster flash and a generic battery charger. Perhaps that's why they're closing this down - not enough Pentax gear, eh?
05-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #3

Those Porter's flyer/catalog were a blast to read. I used to enjoy doing business with them
05-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Talking with them on the phone a few weeks ago, about the photo processing they used to offer for 120 C41, I got the distinct impression that ALL aspects of their operation were closing. Shutting down a web presence and keeping a probably much more costly bricks and mortar operation would be very unusual.