Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-14-2013, 11:15 AM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Project 365.

Any of you guys take on the task of this project. I am currently in the middle of it. It's quite a challenge to say the least. My goal starting Jan1 to take a photograph every day with my K20d (mostly with my 50mm 1.4) . So far so good. But keeping it fresh has been hard.
my link is Bruce Layfield Photography | Project 365 a photo a day I also put it on my facebook page as well. Would like to see if anyone else has completed or is getting close to the middle as I .

05-14-2013, 11:31 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
User Morbo kept going for two years running with a daily photo of Lego mini-figures so don't give up just yet!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/28962...-complete.html
05-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
Forum Member

Probably the best thing you can do as a photographer. Robert Anton Wilson always said "If you want to be something, do it everyday" I cant agree more.

I am into my 8th month of dailies. Started in September with no goal other than to keep visual thinking going. Found that at least 100-150 photos/day was enough to keep me busy and keep visual atrophy at bay. I was an art major, having little talent in any other field. Taking a job at the firm where I have been for 8 years now had nearly killed my creative impulse. I finally bought a point-and-click Fuji as a mitigation effort -- out of desperation. I hadB&W 535mm film photo in high school, but was a painting/scultpure major in college. I think it has helped me tremendously. I have been shooting with a K-01 since January 1. I do post in Picasa everyday on a little acer netbook. The bulk of my photos are street photos taken during my lunch breaks in downtown cincinnati, oh (US). I think it may develop into a body of work (or several bodies of work) documenting 1 year in Cincinnati (pick on photo per calendar day). I put my daily keepers up on my facebook page (usually about 30-50 photos a day) and, like I said, they are minimally processed in Picasa and amount to little more than daily contact sheets. Every couple months or so, I will pick out the best ones from a several week period and consolidate them into 'volume' which is actually just a more refined, extended contact sheet of 100 or so photos. So far, I have 18 volumes, but that could probably be greatly reduced. At first I was so ecstatic to be doing, composing, creating, that I put up everything I took a photo of. Now, I am trying to be more selective. I think the overall body of work suffers if there are too many that are just so-so or not really that interesting at all. That said, I am still as enthusiastic as I was at the beginning, and hopefully I am getting better at using the camera, using the post production.

My goal is eventually to get a good computer so that I can run Lightroom or something comparable (I tried DxO Optics Pro 8 and really liked it. I think Silky Pix is pretty darned good too--and kind of free from Pentax, I just cant use it on my netbook on RAW files). I am thinking about trying also to get the 15, 21 and 31 eventually (Ltd lenses).

I think it is a great practice to shoot pictures everyday. I may be biased. And there have been times where I have had to make time to get photos in (even if it meant getting up at 3am and going out in 9F degree weather) when "life" intrudes on the photography. In any case, I encourage anyone to do this. I hope it goes well and I would like to see what you are doing.
05-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Interesting concept this, not something I've ever really thought about as a project.