Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
We will know much more about Apple's future direction in less than a month. Sir Jony is in charge of the look & feel of the software as well as the hardware now. The next 2 iPhones were already designed and approved by Jobs before he died.

Apple's stock has been pushed down because they won't do what the analcysts want, but they aren't going to release a product they don't 100% believe in. The analcysts think Apple needs a cheap iPhone to compete with Android Apple is happy to keep the high end, and most of the profits, to themselves. Samsung is the only other company making any money selling smart phones right now. But Samsung is losing out on selling iPhone components to Apple. Taiwan Semiconductor builds the A6 chip and Sharp is building the screens for the next iPhone & iPad.

05-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Samsung imitates: it doesn't innovate. What it does well is build other people's technology well and comparatively cheaply, thereby spreading technology advances further. How it gets hold of that technology is the source of its spat with Apple, but I suspect Apple isn't the only ex-partner of Samsung to hold that view.

Edit: not so much suspicion, as not being surprised if it were the case.
05-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #78
Banned

I really don't care if my smartphone was built by purple aliens on the dark side of the moon, I wanted a Verizon smartphone with 5" 1080p display, wireless charging and an earphone amp like beats audio and HTC Droid DNA had it but Samsung or Apple did not several months ago.
05-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #79
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Its amazing how many of my purchases have been like that. One company, sometimes one I've never heard of has something I want.... so you've heard about the alien bases on the dark side of the moon? Velly eenteresting.

05-21-2013, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
... so you've heard about the alien bases on the dark side of the moon?
Presumably where Alien Bees come from (or was that Pink Floyd?).

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Velly eenteresting.
...but stoopid!
(Some of us have been around as long as you, Norm)
05-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #81
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Presumably where Alien Bees come from (or was that Pink Floyd?).

...but stoopid!
(Some of us have been around as long as you, Norm)
I can't believe you remembered that... I suppose if someone can coax 2900 lw/ph out of a K-5, it's possible someone has been around as long as I have... they are just both things that aren't going to happen too often.
05-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #82
Veteran Member

Probably old news.

Pentax iPhone case.

05-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #83
Banned

The bottom line is the thrill is gone in the post Steve Jobs era and I don't think you will see the huge lines of people in front of Apple stores waiting to get the newest iPhone in the future like in years past IMHO.
05-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #84
Pentaxian

Sad but probably true. That coupled with the fact that Apple has chosen to give money to it's share holders instead of developing product or lowering prizes,, that was given to them by customers buying product who assumed Apple would always be cool, it's a recipe for a fall from grace.
05-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #85
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
The bottom line is the thrill is gone in the post Steve Jobs era and I don't think you will see the huge lines of people in front of Apple stores waiting to get the newest iPhone in the future like in years past IMHO.
iPhone 4 Line - Apple Store 5th Avenue, NYC - YouTube
I found that video just....astonishing.....that line of cattle chutes must be 1/2 mile long or better and must have taken many many hours to get through. And all that so you can give a company $500 for a phone?

Wow - just wow.
05-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #86
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I found that video just....astonishing.....that line of cattle chutes must be 1/2 mile long or better and must have taken many many hours to get through. And all that so you can give a company $500 for a phone?

Wow - just wow.
And here is another Apple Store less than a mile away that day were people were in line from the day before and were way back in line !

QuoteQuote:
I went to the Apple Store in Soho to pick up my iPhone 4 at 7am and could not believe the line was 4 city blocks long... And growing! At this rate, I won't get in till tomorrow.
05-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #87
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
And here is another Apple Store less than a mile away that day were people were in line from the day before and were way back in line !

iPhone 4 Launch - Apple Store Soho at 7am - YouTube
I'm trying to be nice, but that is just insane.......
05-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #88
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I got my daughter an iPhone 4 a year later for 1c and a contract extension. I just got last year's iPad for $50 and a i year Verizon contract.
05-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #89
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Probably old news.

Pentax iPhone case.
Did you notice the offer is for an MX iPhone Case? Look at the image
05-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Did you notice the offer is for an MX iPhone Case? Look at the image
Yes I did, almost bought it since it's a K1000.
But I don't have an iPhone.