Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
anyone with experience of mostphotos.com ?

Has anyone got experience of mostphotos.com? They appear to sell photo's as a picture agency for amateurs, for half the income.

What makes me wonder is that they let the customer pay a fixed one occasion sum, and then they are granted free use of the image for ever for anything.

www.mostphotos.com/?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKZJszSNVBc&feature=youtu.be

05-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #2

Hi Douglas!

I'll do this in English since you posted in English but you are very welcome to contact us in Swedish as well.

We have both professional photographers, big stock photographers, illustrators and amateurs as contributors. The idea is to have a wide range of photographers to be able to provide a wider range of photos than the other agencies. Our buyers often want local images, that would get rejected on other agencies because they "already have enough images of churches" for example.

The prices for the images vary depending on how the buyer purchase the image and what they are going to use them for. They can buy them separately and then the price varies between 2,5 euros to 300 euros depending on what size they buy the image in and what license they need.
If they choose the 300 euro alternative they get free use. MP and the photographer always split 50/50.

They can also buy via their download package or monthly subscription. This means that we (Mostphotos & the photographers) don't earn as much on each image, but get a lot more images sold. As a photographer you can choose to opt out of this however.

Don't hesitate to contact us at support@mostphotos.com if you have any questions at all!

Best Regards,
Lina
Mostphotos

Last edited by Parallax; 05-16-2013 at 07:44 AM.
05-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Dear Lina. I posted the question here because I wanted some unbiased opinions. So please, I don't need you to repeat what is already on your webpage. But the question has been up before at other sites: http://www.microstockgroup.com/mostphotos-com/who-has-had-sales-at-mostphotos/
05-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #4

Hi Douglas.

I'm sorry, I didn't understand that you wanted to know about our contributors individual sales results, I thought you wanted information about how it works to sell and buy images.
I just wanted to give you some info so that there are no misunderstandings, like that the buyers always get free use of the images they purchase, but I will leave this thread alone then!

I do hope you get answers from our members as well!

Best Regards,
Lina