Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
05-24-2013, 03:20 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
The first reason why I went with Flickr was to have hi-res photos which could be posted right here on PF, without being "damaged".
The second reason, and I went with the "Pro" account, was to have one good, single site where I could gather my favorite images, ready o be posted anywhere I wanted.
I have no internet connection problems but I do find the newly designed Flickr slower.
I don't particularly like the mosaic-like dumping of hundreds of images when I enter the new site.

My (Pro) renewal is due July 2013 ... I will give them time to brush up a bit and see if I can retrieve my sets and collections just as easy as once was.
If they are serious about their user base, they will have to respond to the thousands of irate users' comments as well.

I am also considering a "Plan B" in case Flickr messes up ....for the moment it is still in the consideration stage but I will gladly accept any suggestion(s) as to which hosting site would be the best, for a long time.

Cheers!

JP

ipernity.com is how flickr should be. Heck, it's how flickr was earlier this week. There is even an 'import from flickr' tool. It has the same pricing plan as 'old' flickr.

05-24-2013, 05:42 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Since reading through this thread, I took a quick look at Flikr. When viewing images posted here on the forum, I sometimes like to see the exif data of a photo I like as part of my learning process.

Before the change, there was a menu item at the top of the Flikr page with the photo for "Actions", then a drop down for viewing the exif data. With this new layout, I don't see that anymore. Under the photo I see "Additional Info - show more" but all that gives is the basic camera settings. Am I missing where I can find the exif data?

And another comment - I viewed a slide show of one persons work - the slide show had every image either zooming in or zooming out while viewing the image - I hate that!
The exif used to be right there on the photo page! Didn't have to click anything unless you wanted ALL the gory details. I wish they'd left that alone.
05-24-2013, 06:01 AM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
Three dots on bottom on the far right take you to another pop-up menu that will let you pick View Exif. It is second item from the bottom of the list.

Like everything new, it takes time figuring out where they've hidden it all.
Thank you sir - found it now.
05-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Looks like Flickr is paying some attention to the complaints. I notice the comments work much like before now -- more than 4 on the first page.

05-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #80
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
One thing I never understood with Flickr is why the "member since" date is so important to them. In the new design also, it get's a prominent place on the cover photo.
05-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #81
Pentaxian

Under your name, RonakG, right here at Pentax Forums, first line says "Join Date: Jan 2011." :-)
05-26-2013, 05:19 AM   #82
Veteran Member

Thanks

05-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Under your name, RonakG, right here at Pentax Forums, first line says "Join Date: Jan 2011." :-)
Yeah, so add PentaxForums too in my question .
05-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonakG Quote
Yeah, so add PentaxForums too in my question .
I'm guessing it's a "mine is bigger than yours" issue, really
06-18-2013, 04:54 AM   #85
Veteran Member

I think it's a little bizarre that Flickr seems to ignore the quite poor IE9 and ipad browsing experience. on IE9 both at work and at the office I get this thing where the browser just disappears behind windows for no apparent reason, and on an ipad it's really jittery. I really don't like these continuous scroll auto-resizing sites, hated google images when it changed. Don't really understand why sites are so hellbent on moving to them
06-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
I just discovered a problem with the new design. If you want to go to the links to help etc on the bottom of the main page you have to be quick. Every time you scroll down to the bottom the page loads more pics and updates causing the menu to disappear down again.
Facebook does this and I hate it. At some point it would only load a few then have a "load more" button, which was fine, but then they got rid of that and it just loads more pictures making it really annoying to read comments or things like that.