Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #1

Help appreciated. Do you know who the photographer is?

Hi all,

I hope I've put this post in the right place - I had a good search around. If it's in the wrong place, my apologies.

Does anyone recognise this photograph? If so I would love to know who the photographer is. Unfortunately I don't have a title or a date, just the image. In the original photograph the girl is positioned on the right hand side of the image, and on the left is a lot of space, mostly in shadow. However, with the image I found lots of writing had been put over the top, and I didn't want to include this.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Attached Images

06-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've moved your thread to the general photo section. Hopefully you get your answer there!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I must say that it's a wonderful shot and I wish you good luck.
06-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I believe i've seen it before but are you sure it's a photo, mine idea it was a realistic painting.
Could very well be another art work that looks the same though.

06-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
I believe i've seen it before but are you sure it's a photo, mine idea it was a realistic painting.
Could very well be another art work that looks the same though.
Yes, possibly! I wasn't sure, but I thought maybe it was just a low quality image. Her right hand makes it look like it could be a painting, but the rest convinced me it was a photograph...

Thanks for moving the thread Adam, I almost posted it here then changed my mind!
06-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You should try Google Reverse or Tineye.
06-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
You should try Google Reverse or Tineye.
Thanks! I didn't find the photographer or artist, but I did find a better resolution image and I'm now pretty convinced it's a painting.

06-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Seems my memory serves me quite well XD
But wow... it must be about 6 years or so ago then if it's the same one...
01-16-2014, 04:40 PM   #9

Hello,

I've located a larger version of the image with EXIF (attached). Seems it was taken with a Canon EOS 5D on January 6th of 2010. Unfortunately, no copyright information.

There really are a ton of versions of this with writing on top! Strange that so many people plaster inspirational quotes atop the picture but no one bothers to explain who the model is, where the picture came from, why it's special to them, etc.

Anyway, good luck!

EDIT: I think I've found the artist: Rudolf Kartelin, a professional photographer from Russia.

I found his image on a Russian forum and the poster identified Kartlin as the author in the post. SFW screenshot: http://imgur.com/JhZoJ9i

I looked through his portfolios on a couple of photo sites, and I couldn't find this exact image, but he does have many other shots that look painting-like. Overall his style is a little different than what I expected from this shot. I (and whoever posted the picture on this Russian forum) could be wrong about him being the author; you could always PM Kartelin on photo.net and find out!

He shoots mostly nudes, so ALL LINKS ARE NSFW (except for the Russian bio)

Kartlelin's photo.net userpage: http://photo.net/photodb/member-photos?user_id=4010572
photosight.ru userpage (Russian): http://www.photosight.ru/users/172887/
professional bio (Russian): (click here)
short English bio: http://www.cornelyu.ro/blog/?p=954
another site with some of his photos: http://karte.artphoto.pro/mypage.aspx
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5D  Photo 

Last edited by Pentigmaron; 01-16-2014 at 05:45 PM. Reason: found photographer
01-16-2014, 08:38 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This one is similar, an is a painting I own.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPod touch  Photo