Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Would that look something like this?

Attachment 176515
If that's your idea of a kit-lens, then I don't want to know what your idea of a super tele looks like

06-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
If that's your idea of a kit-lens, then I don't want to know what your idea of a super tele looks like
Well, that might have this size or even bigger
06-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by siamthai Quote
Most of that is actually the camera you know
06-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #19
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Would that look something like this?

Attachment 176515
An 18-400mm F1.8 would be about twice the size of the 200-500mm F2.8 .

06-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by siamthai Quote
Ah, well the pictures had better be worth it!!
06-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If it will use the same sensor as the Nikon D7100, there needs to be something else that's better or more featuresome (aka selling point)

Pentax can customize -- they are doing so with colors now -- to specific user bases. E.g. child photographers will have a pop up Jack in the Box instead of flash; sports photographers will have the option to extend SR to auto pan a moving object. Bird fanciers have a choice of built in bird calls, or a Hyper version of Nikon's Crop APS -- only the center 20% of the frame is used, making all telephotos huge.

Oh, and for the raincoat crowd, X Ray Lenses!
06-19-2013, 03:53 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Quantifying this would be more helpful than shouting, seriously. Faster, or more accurate, or both? I suspect the answer would be "both" by many calling for it, but what do people actually want with this? How important is low-light performance?

I keep hearing people saying they want more AF points, smaller AF points, faster drives and so on. Usually, people saying this will point to Nikon (less often Canon) as the benchmark. On the other hand, I also see people giving up those systems and coming to Pentax and still others pointing out that the competitor systems are faster but not necessarily more accurate. What confounds me is that I don't see the need that others see, personally, although I acknowledge that others may have situations where they genuinely need a different system.

What we could use are some more objective, scientific testing that establishes useful benchmarks, and less loose talk. I imagine some of the former is available, and I'd like to see it.
Apologies for yelling, I'm just frustrated at not being able to get the AF accuracy of my old film SLR (Minolta 7000 - which would focus and expose accurately with flash when I could scarcely see the subject in the viewfinder). But maybe that's just my memory going the way of my eyesight lol.

06-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
Built-in 18-section tripod (166cms height when fully extended, wobbles coordinated with SR system on sensor)
Printer slot for postcard sized prints
Fully weather resistant and able to function submerged up to 100m
Kitlens DA* 18-400mm/f1.8
You've got to be joking, right? a DA 18-400/1.8 is utterly unrealistic. It must be, at most, a f/0.85.

Also, I'd want to see it come with a pop-up flash with a guide number no less than our nearest astral body.....
07-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #24

And there I was, looking for a serious thread regarding the next gen K-5.. I agree with some people that say that people needs to stop speculating and keep shooting, but some people [like me] are waiting for it or an announcement so we can decide if we should buy the K-5 IIs or wait for the newer one.

In my case I'm not in such a hurry to get it, but it's definitely on the short-medium term. October 2013 for an announcement seems adequate if they're releasing the camera in December but I'm new to Pentax and don't know in the past how they've done things. I guess I will just wait and continue shooting with what I have =D
07-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
The ability to take a very clear photo of a black cat in full motion in a dark room on a moonless night without resorting to an AF light or IR imaging.
Yes, it can be done with a "Cat'omatic smell detecting focus system". Anyone working on it ?

Greetings