Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Tips n tricks? I have to hire a wedding photographer!

First time hiring a pro- what to look for and negotiate?
I'd really like the digital files!

07-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I doubt a pro will gill give you their raw files. Only digital, developed jpegs. And of course prints.
And congratulations?
07-02-2013, 04:50 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I doubt a pro will gill give you their raw files. Only digital, developed jpegs. And of course prints.
And congratulations?
Thanks NH!
07-03-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
Pentaxian

In my area, the big shots (who often think a lot of themselves) will give you a number of prints and that's it. Younger photographers understand that we are now in a digital age and that only delivering prints is absurd.

I'd first decide on a maximum price you can pay, then look at photographers offering their services at that price. Browse the portfolios and decide who matches the style you prefer. Then you contact them and discuss availability and price. State up front that you want the files (JPEGs should be fine). Meet in person to see if their personality matches yours. The photographer often ends up being a wedding planner of sorts, taking control of the schedule. Make sure it "clicks" between you and them.

And congratulations!

07-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
In my area, the big shots (who often think a lot of themselves) will give you a number of prints and that's it. Younger photographers understand that we are now in a digital age and that only delivering prints is absurd.

I'd first decide on a maximum price you can pay, then look at photographers offering their services at that price. Browse the portfolios and decide who matches the style you prefer. Then you contact them and discuss availability and price. State up front that you want the files (JPEGs should be fine). Meet in person to see if their personality matches yours. The photographer often ends up being a wedding planner of sorts, taking control of the schedule. Make sure it "clicks" between you and them.

And congratulations!
Thank you!
07-04-2013, 12:06 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I donīt have any advice, but congratulations!