Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #1

Is Amazon.ca an authorized reseller of Pentax Canada products?

Hey all,

I'm wondering if Amazon.ca is an authorized reseller of Pentax Canada products.
This is because each Pentax Canada camera/lens comes with a 2-year warranty, instead of a 1-year warranty that comes with Pentax USA products.
Also, Pentax Canada charges a $50 handling fee for non-Canadian products.
Thanks for the answers in advance and have a great day!

H

07-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe they are as long as you buy direct from amazon, and not a third party seller.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, Adam.

I also got an email from Pentax Ricoh Canada this afternoon--claiming that Amazon.ca is an authorized Pentax Ricoh Canada reseller. Will update if I decide to go through with my Amazon Canada order whether they're selling Pentax Ricoh Canada products or not.

BTW, It's weird that now I type Pentax "Ricoh". It'll get even weirder when I'll start calling the company "Ricoh". Since when does Ricoh = Pentax ? I just hope/wish that somehow Asahi Optical will resurrect from its death. Asahi Optical just sounds so much better than Ricoh :P.