Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #1

Looking for a messanger bag

Since I got my K5 I started off Lowepro Slingshot 102, It was good but I started getting more lenses and wanted more room so I moved up to the 202.
Latly I'm not liking having to swing it around to get to stuff out when I'm out and about (zoo, aquarium, park, etc.)

The idea of a messenger bag that I can put up like a back pack when needed really interests me and that has lead me to the Timbug2 snoop bag
Snoop Camera Messenger Bag | Protective Camera Bag - Timbuk2 Bags

Looking at it my only issue is that the inside doesn't zip/close up, so you just have the top flap covering your contents and looks like water could still get in if you get caught in the rain.

Does anyone have this bag that can comment about it or use another brand messenger bag style they can suggest?

07-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nervosa Quote
Since I got my K5 I started off Lowepro Slingshot 102, It was good but I started getting more lenses and wanted more room so I moved up to the 202.
Latly I'm not liking having to swing it around to get to stuff out when I'm out and about (zoo, aquarium, park, etc.)

The idea of a messenger bag that I can put up like a back pack when needed really interests me and that has lead me to the Timbug2 snoop bag
Snoop Camera Messenger Bag | Protective Camera Bag - Timbuk2 Bags

Looking at it my only issue is that the inside doesn't zip/close up, so you just have the top flap covering your contents and looks like water could still get in if you get caught in the rain.

Does anyone have this bag that can comment about it or use another brand messenger bag style they can suggest?
I don't have that exact bag, but I have a Think Tank messenger bag. Most have a rain fly that you pull over the bag when it is raining. I assume that one has it as well, or you can buy it as an accessory to solve that particular problem.
07-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I got a Tamrac Rally 4 (tamrac | Rally Series) for my recent trip and really like it. Held all the gear in my sig, but remained light and comfortable for hiking. The specs don't say waterproof, but I got caught in a couple showers and had no problems. Shoulder strap is surprisingly comfortable as well. Plus, it's nice and affordable Mine is brown/tan which looks nice, and doesn't scream "expensive equipment".