Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #16

Yes Gastown Photo! It's worth repeating, they have the best prices in town on new stuff. They don't carry a lot of stock but they will quite enthusiastically order in anything you want. I recently got the 18-55 wr there for 190 including tax, a better new price than any US store had at the time.

08-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, Earl, that bugger, he always get there before me lol

I also concur that Gastown Photo is great for their Pentax prices, buying new they are hard to beat, unless you get the special buys at times at Broadway Camera and London Drugs. I bought a FA 43 limited from Broadway when it was on sale and no one else could beat that pricing at the time, anywhere. London Drugs has specials on throughout the year, but especially during Boxing Day week.

QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote
The reason you see only crappy listings is because the good deals get snapped up really fast. I know, as I've gotten a few of them, and I've just missed out on even more of them.

I have made decent money buying lenses through the local Craigslist listings and selling them here on the forums (just ask richardwong ).

Gastownphoto has decent deals on a few select items. Right now they have a sale on the Pentax OVF-1 viewfinder for the Pentax Q. $125! That slaughters any other price on the internet for that item. They also routinely get DA 35 2.4's for $190 including tax, which isn't bad.

London Drugs had some deals during Christmas last year that were maybe only $20 off similar pricings through other online stores. They only carry newer stuff though.

Wow, I didn't realize there were lots of Vancouverites here.
08-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just a heads up, but I dropped by Kerrisdale Cameras today (Kerrisdale location), and they have a couple of used gems in stock.

An FA 31 for $899, and a DA 15 for $549 Canadian dollars. They come with 30 day warranties, and you get to inspect the unit beforehand too. I think there's tax, but then you save on shipping, so for those who are wary of making online purchases in the hundreds of dollars, this may be your ticket to some sweet lenses.
08-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote
Just a heads up, but I dropped by Kerrisdale Cameras today (Kerrisdale location), and they have a couple of used gems in stock.

An FA 31 for $899, and a DA 15 for $549 Canadian dollars. They come with 30 day warranties, and you get to inspect the unit beforehand too. I think there's tax, but then you save on shipping, so for those who are wary of making online purchases in the hundreds of dollars, this may be your ticket to some sweet lenses.
31mm's gone and found a new home

There's also Multiple Electronics on Victoria Drive. I've yet to go there, but their online advertised prices (if they list them) are cheaper than any place I've seen locally.... and often on par with the local cl pricing.

08-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One more vote for Camera Traders in Victoria- best prices!! Also check out www.usedvictoria.com - lots of bargains, if you're patient...
08-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kameko Quote

There's also Multiple Electronics on Victoria Drive. I've yet to go there, but their online advertised prices (if they list them) are cheaper than any place I've seen locally.... and often on par with the local cl pricing.
Sweet find Kameko!

I didn't know that Multiple Electronics dabbed in cameras and lenses...
08-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Nice find Kameko...I couldn't confirm if they are an authorized Pentax dealer since Pentax changed over their websites. I'll try back again in a bit to see if Pentax has fixed their website.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kameko Quote

08-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Good catch Chris, thanks for this.

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisS Quote
One more vote for Camera Traders in Victoria- best prices!! Also check out UsedVictoria.com - Classifieds for Jobs, Rentals, Cars, Furniture and Free Stuff - lots of bargains, if you're patient...