Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-15-2013, 05:24 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
This guy quoted Ken Rockwell and presented him as "a photographer and expert on cameras and lenses"

He had it coming
Definition of an expert?

#1 – an unknown drip under pressure.

A heritage joke, I know, but highly appropriate in Mr Rockwell's case.

08-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
This guy quoted Ken Rockwell and presented him as "a photographer and expert on cameras and lenses"

He had it coming
He is - in his own mind.
.... a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

08-15-2013, 06:30 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Y'all are jealous of Kenny, aren't you? :-)
08-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote
I've participated in many communities where this sort of tribal behavior is present.

PS3 vs XBOX 360 was a fun one. I don't own a gaming system anymore, but I did catch wind of the release of the next generation of consoles, the PS4 and the Xbox One.
Hey buddy you forgot about Nintendo and the Wii U! (Nintendo fan here)

08-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Definition of an expert?

#1 – an unknown drip under pressure.

A heritage joke, I know, but highly appropriate in Mr Rockwell's case.
LOL...I always knew that as 'A has-been drip under pressure' but yours works too.

For those that are wondering what we are talking about:

ex = something that has been
spurt = a drip under pressure
08-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
As I said previously - Leica fans.
Had you bothered to read the article you would know you are only a third right. Canon and Nikon fans wrote in screaming about why their gear is better.

On DP Rev the Leica forum exhibits far less pitchforks and knives than the canon, nikon, pentax or most any other forum on that site.

Even this place sometimes - witness the Benjamin is leaving Pentax for Nikon thread in which a professional photographer of long standing is trashed because he switched to a system that served his needs better.
08-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RyanW Quote
Had you bothered to read the article you would know you are only a third right. Canon and Nikon fans wrote in screaming about why their gear is better.

On DP Rev the Leica forum exhibits far less pitchforks and knives than the canon, nikon, pentax or most any other forum on that site.

Even this place sometimes - witness the Benjamin is leaving Pentax for Nikon thread in which a professional photographer of long standing is trashed because he switched to a system that served his needs better.
Wow, now you know what I have read and what I haven't! Don't tell my wife that you can read my mind, she's supposed to be the only one that is allowed to do that- it'll be our little secret.

08-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Except when you mention the Hexanon 90mm f/2.8 is sharper than the Leica 90mm f/2.8 Elmarit....Or that the Konica Hexar RF was the camera the Leica M7 was supposed to be.
08-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Wow, now you know what I have read and what I haven't! Don't tell my wife that you can read my mind, she's supposed to be the only one that is allowed to do that- it'll be our little secret.
I tried to give you the benefit of comprehending it by saying I thought you didn't read it. If you did read it, well... perhaps you just skimmed it. But in no way did your reply of "Leica fans....'nough said." indicate comprehension if you did read the entire article.

It was a statement about zealotry regardless of brand.
08-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote
I've heard/read that the audiophile community is the most vicious tribal subculture of all.
I've known a few.... you learn to keep any and all opinions to yourself real quick. "Viscious" would be an understatement for most...
08-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cscurrier Quote
I've known a few.... you learn to keep any and all opinions to yourself real quick. "Viscious" would be an understatement for most...
The more minute and insignificant the differences, the more vociferous the enthusiasts. When Pentax Nikon and Canon all have instantaneous focus and human eye level dynamic range, the fights will become even more furious.
08-17-2013, 03:52 AM   #27
Veteran Member

I tried to give you the benefit of comprehending it by saying I thought you didn't read it. If you did read it, well... perhaps you just skimmed it. But in no way did your reply of "Leica fans....'nough said." indicate comprehension if you did read the entire article.

It was a statement about zealotry regardless of brand.
No, it was a superior judgemental comment that assumed information and lectured. Thanks for the attempted spin though.