Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

EISA Awards 2013

Photo Awards 2013-2014 | EISA - The European Imaging and Sound Association

EISA is kind of a joke. They give out awards to any company with a pulse so its hard to take them too seriously, but given just how easy this type of award is to win you would think that Pentax would have accidentally produced something in the past year that would have won something.

The Samsung GALAXY NX and the Samsung NX300 both won awards. The Canon EOS 100D won an award and its one step above a disposable P&S.

08-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote

EISA is kind of a joke. They give out awards to any company with a pulse so its hard to take them too seriously, but given just how easy this type of award is to win you would think that Pentax would have accidentally produced something in the past year that would have won something.

The Samsung GALAXY NX and the Samsung NX300 both won awards. The Canon EOS 100D won an award and its one step above a disposable P&S.
what is exactly the point of your post?
08-19-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
what is exactly the point of your post?
1. To post the list of the 2013 EISA Awards.
2. To point out that Pentax has done nothing of note in the past year.

Is that simple enough?
08-22-2013, 04:32 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Pentax seems to get an EISA award every 5th year or so, so we probably have to wait a few more years for the next award.
In the last 10 years it's only been K10D and 645D that's been awarded.

08-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote

What do you have against the SL1 (aka 100D)?

Sure, it's a Canon Rebel and we're here on PentaxForums, but it's WAY better than a cheapo point and shoot.

In fact, it's better than most bridge cameras too. And it comes with a new autofocus system (albeit not the whiz-bang one in the 70D), and it's super small and light.

Sounds to me like it has a lot going for it, even if it's not the right camera for you.

Personally, I'm guessing your beef is the touch screen. Am I right?
08-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thornburg Quote
What do you have against the SL1 (aka 100D)?

Sure, it's a Canon Rebel and we're here on PentaxForums, but it's WAY better than a cheapo point and shoot.

In fact, it's better than most bridge cameras too. And it comes with a new autofocus system (albeit not the whiz-bang one in the 70D), and it's super small and light.

Sounds to me like it has a lot going for it, even if it's not the right camera for you.

Personally, I'm guessing your beef is the touch screen. Am I right?
the same with the nx300. from what I heard and read everywhere, the camera has nothing but praises from reviews and users alike. although it doesn't look to be as a popular pick by most consumers just like Pentax, I think it's reputation is not because the company that made it paid off people to say good things about it. maybe they are doing it right by going small mirrorless compact with the APS-C sensor which Pentax hasn't done yet. the Pentax K-1 is mirrorless, but was a brick.