Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
08-17-2013, 08:18 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ricoh Imaging — Exciting news about future tenses!

Still in limelight and in utmost excitement about recent activities detailing considerations of a yet another company’s future name change, Ricoh Imaging has decided to offer its loyal users some informative considerations on recent reconsiderations about possible, yet unannounced, future products and strategies.

Denver, CO, August 19th 2013

Mr Jim Malcolm of Ricoh Imaging USA has noted: “We in Ricoh Imaging are seriously re-thinking our strategy in delivering news about product lines considerations. We had to reconsider our previous considerations considerably, and have made definite steps towards use of more precise and exciting language that addresses future considerations. What was reconsidered, is that unlike other companies who use present continuous tense to state their considerations, Ricoh Imaging will start using future continuous and future perfect continuous tenses considerably more than its competitors!”

“This is a considerably large issue”, Mr John Carlson, head of marketing in Ricoh Imaging USA added. "We will be introducing fastest future focus in the market. Many imaging companies seem to be comfortable with use of a simple present continuous tense in their official statements, but we believe that it is insufficient, and downright unfair, to reassure any customer about the company’s desire to stay in business and excite customers where it matters most — in the future.

Fig 1. Competitor's future focus reach:

Fig 2. Ricoh Imaging's future focus reach:

When a competitor of our writes in a public statement “We are considering …” using usual present continuous tense, and when we in our future statements state “You are not going to have been waiting for more than two product cycles when the technology is finally implemented” using future perfect continuous tense, who do you believe will be around to consider the subject matter farther — in the future?”, John Carlson concluded.

To help users better imagine Ricoh Imaging's future strategies, a new roadmap for their future tense use has been published.

For Crazy Pentax Rumors, yours truly

Last edited by Uluru; 08-18-2013 at 12:02 AM.
08-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sigh..............
08-17-2013, 08:46 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This made me laugh for soooo long. I think I might still be laughing tomorrow.
08-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Still in limelight and in utmost excitement about recent activities detailing considerations of a yet another company’s future name change, Ricoh Imaging has decided to offer its loyal users some informative considerations on recent reconsiderations about possible, yet unannounced, future products and strategies.

Denver, CO, August 19th 2013

Mr Jim Malcolm of Ricoh Imaging USA has noted: “We in Ricoh Imaging are seriously re-thinking our strategy in delivering news about product lines considerations. We had to reconsider our previous considerations considerably, and have made definite steps towards use of more precise and exciting language that addresses future considerations. What was reconsidered, is that unlike other companies who use present continuous tense to state their considerations, Ricoh Imaging will start using future continuous and future perfect continuous tenses considerably more than its competitors!”

“This is a considerably large issue”, Mr John Carlson, head of marketing in Ricoh Imaging USA added. "We are introducing fastest future focus in the market. Many imaging companies seem to be comfortable with use of a simple present continuous tense in their official statements, but we believe that it is insufficient, and downright unfair, to reassure any customer about the company’s desire to stay in business and excite customers where it matters most — in the future.

Fig 1. Competitor's future focus reach:

Fig 2. Ricoh Imaging's future focus reach:

When a competitor of our writes in a public statement “We are considering …” using usual present continuous tense, and when we in our future statements state “You are not going to have been waiting for more than two product cycles when the technology is finally implemented” using future perfect continuous tense, who do you believe will be around to consider the subject matter farther — in the future?”, John Carlson concluded.

To help users better imagine Ricoh Imaging's future strategies, a new roadmap for their future tense use has been published.

For Crazy Pentax Rumors, yours truly
When the Ricoh/Pentax merger was announced I told myself that it would take time for these changes to reap their rewards. To which I'd add, I've been secretly expecting the K-3 announcement at every show period since then. Though I must admit that I never thought it would take this long for such things to materialize. And don't get me wrong... I was never on the FF bandwagon myself given that I always felt Pentax did a bang-up job at putting out the worlds best APS-C DSLR camera's to date.

Anyways, I truly hope Pentax pulls a rabbit out of it's hat in 2013 insofar as the K-3 goes. The market needs it. In fact, I'd go as far as saying, everyone needs this.

08-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
This made me laugh for soooo long. I think I might still be laughing tomorrow.

Ditto.
08-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I think that I drank to much. Or not. Maybe, someone does.

Or, maybe, the future Pentax will focus before we will put our fingers on the shutter button. Or so... something ... ...
08-18-2013, 02:15 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
You make yourself laugh.

08-18-2013, 02:45 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok, .... I'm going back to bed and I'd guess that tomorrow morning, this will all be somewhat of a dream? It would have been nice if it were a case of drinking too much.
08-18-2013, 03:20 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Furthermore and subsequent to the non- committal assertion of an increased dimension light sensitive electronic device, there appears at this time to be no determined response in either the affirmative or the negative as to the possible introduction to the marketplace of such a device.
Or, words to that effect.

Regards
08-18-2013, 03:44 AM   #10
Veteran Member

<Sigh>
08-18-2013, 03:55 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Blimey! Em I the only one who read the title as "Ricoh Imaging — Exciting news about future LEnses! ???/
ho.. well - let's hope they will use these 'tenses' to announce new lenses
08-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #12
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
You make yourself laugh.
I was actually having a plan, to keep myself wake while reading all the "Ricoh has a plan" posts.
08-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #13
Veteran Member

This is very funny, but it would have been funnier if it wasn't so true!
08-19-2013, 02:06 AM   #14
Veteran Member

I wonder if they will be redesigning the current tense mount to accommodate all these future tenses. The future will going to be looking bright - now there's a tense to fox the competition.
08-19-2013, 11:29 AM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr Orloff Quote
... The future will going to be looking bright...
Where are my shades?
Closed Thread